Packin' It In
|Packin' It In|
|Written by||Patricia Jones|
|Directed by||Jud Taylor|
|Music by||Mark Snow|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Tony Converse|
Christopher Seitz (supervising producer)
|Production location(s)||British Columbia|
|Cinematography||Robert E. Collins|
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CBS Entertainment Production|
Jones-Reiker Ink Group
Lee Rock Industries Ltd.
Roger Gimbel Productions
|Original release||February 7, 1983|
It was directed by Jud Taylor.
A family decide to move to Oregon.
- Richard Benjamin as Gary Webber
- Paula Prentiss as Diana Webber
- Tony Roberts as Charlie Baumgarten
- Andrea Marcovicci as Rita Baumgarten
- Molly Ringwald as Melissa Webber
- Mari Gorman as Brooklyn Mary
- Sam Whipple as Zack Estep
- Kenneth McMillan as Howard Estep
- David Hollander as Jay Webber
- Philip Proctor as Cliff, Gary's Coworker
Benjamin made it just after making his feature film debut as director, My Favorite Year. Although set in Oregon, the film was shot in Vancouver.
Benjamin and Prentiss brought their two children along on location. "That was great and there was just a nice family feeling," Benjamin said. "Paula and I have been married for 22 years. I was in a movie a few years ago called The Last Married Couple in America and now we are - at least we're one of the last in show business, anyway. We're real close and we like to work together. We have not worked together in television since we did the series called 'He and She' in 1970 and we had a great time doing that."
- MOVIES: From acting to directing: For Richard Benjamin; the move meant a 'Year' of fear Reich, Howard. Chicago Tribune 10 Oct 1982: d16.
- The face in the shadow Davis, Ivor. The Globe and Mail 5 Feb 1983: P.10.
- TELEVISION WEEK Fraser, C Gerald. New York Times 6 Feb 1983: A.3.
- TV: COMEDY ABOUT FLEEING THE CITY: [review] O'Connor, John J. New York Times 7 Feb 1983: C.17