PS Young Australian
In 1854. Young Australian was driven ashore at Cape Northumberland in South Australia. It serviced the Roper River in the Northern Territory for twenty years before sinking in 1872 while bringing supplies for the overland telegraph work crews at Roper bar.
- Young Australian, steam ship, built 1853, wrecked 1872.
- "Ship News". The Times (21959). London. 26 January 1855. col D, p. 10.
- Roper Bar, The Sydney Morning Herald. February 8, 2004.
- The wreck of the paddle-steamer 'Young Australia' in the Roper River,.
- Ashford, Stephen Allan. TitledEndurance, courage and shipwreck in the Roper River 1871-1872 Published(N.T. Office of Environment and Heritage [Darwin] , 2004.)