The influence of the actions by the overclass have been rigorously studied, particularly with regards to notions of intersections between the overclass and specific races. Most notable of these racial overclasses is the NEWBO, or NEW Black Overclass in America.
We now have a quite new phenomenon in the history of the republic: two radically isolated sectors of the population, the underclass and the overclass. Both are in an adversarial posture toward the great majority of Americans, the overclass by virtue of ambition and unbounded self-esteem, the underclass by virtue of social incompetence and anomie. Between the two there is a fearful symmetry on many scores, but their service to each other is far from equal.
- The next American nation: the new nationalism and the fourth American revolution - Michael Lind - Google Books
- Fighting Poverty, Inequality and Injustice: A Manifesto Inspired by Peter ... - Google Books
- Chronicles - Rockford Institute - Google Books
- This Land Is Their Land: Reports from a Divided Nation - Barbara Ehrenreich - Google Books
- Delight of the Overclass! Demise of the Middleclass! - Jay T. Baldwin - Google Books
- Rothkopf, David J. (2008). Superclass: the global power elite and the world they are making. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. ISBN 0-374-27210-7.
- Hawkins, Lee (February 26, 2009). "CNBC Special Report: The New Black Overclass". nbcnews.com. NBCNews.com. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- Quarterly updates to OED Online
- Farewell to the Overclass 1996 Richard John Neuhaus