Over the Hill (1931 film)
Over the Hill is a 1931 American Pre-Code drama film directed by Henry King and written by Tom Barry and Jules Furthman. The film stars Mae Marsh, James Dunn, Sally Eilers, Edward Crandall, Claire Maynard and Olin Howland. The film was released on November 11, 1931 by Fox Film Corporation.
|Over the Hill|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Henry King|
|Screenplay by||Tom Barry|
|Based on||"Over the Hill to the Poor House" and "Over the Hill from the Poor House" (poems)|
by Will Carleton
|Music by||George Lipschultz|
|Cinematography||John F. Seitz|
|Edited by||Frank E. Hull|
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
The story was previously filmed as Over the Hill to the Poorhouse in 1908 and 1920.
- Mae Marsh as Ma Shelby
- James Dunn as Johnny Shelby as an Adult
- Sally Eilers as Isabel Potter as an Adult
- Edward Crandall as Thomas as an Adult
- Claire Maynard as Phyllis Shelby
- Olin Howland as Isaac as an Adult
- Joan Peers as Susan as an Adult
- Joe Hachey as Isaac Shelby in Prologue
- Tommy Conlon as Johnny Shelby in Prologue
- Julius Molnar as Thomas Shelby in Prologue
- Marilyn Harris as Susan Shelby in Prologue
- Nancy Irish as Isabel Potter in Prologue
- Eula Guy as Minnie
- William Pawley as Ben Adams
- George H. Reed as Les
- Douglas Walton as Stephen
- David Hartford as Bill Collector
- James Kirkwood, Sr. as Pa Shelby in Prologue
- "Over the Hill (1931) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- Hall, Mordaunt (1931-11-21). "Movie Review - Guilty Generation - THE SCREEN; A Neglected Mother. An Ambitious Gangster. Farce and Melody". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Over the Hill". Afi.com. 1931-10-29. Retrieved 2015-10-11.