Outwood Academy Redcar
|Outwood Academy Redcar|
|Motto||Placing learning at the heart of the community.|
|Established||1953 (School Debut)|
2011 (Academy Status)
|Local authority||Redcar and Cleveland|
|Specialist||Visual and Performing Arts College|
|Department for Education URN||145188 Tables|
|Chair of Directors||Dave Gallagher|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Enrolment||499 as of January 2017|
|Houses||Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe|
|Colour(s)||Green, Red, Yellow, Blue|
Redcar Community College, initially a community school with a specialism in visual and performing arts, was awarded specialist status for Visual and Performing Arts in 2004. In November 2009 it became a foundation school.
In December 2012 the school converted to academy status, becoming Redcar Academy. It retained its specialism in visual and performing arts.
In June 2015, an Ofsted inspection found Redcar Academy to "require improvement". In November 2015 the school began receiving support from Outwood Grange Academies Trust (OGAT). The school implemented OGAT's behaviour management policy, style of uniform, and appointed Angela Sweeten—previously of Outwood Academy Ripon—as headteacher. In June 2017, the school announced it would be sponsored by OGAT and reopen as "Outwood Academy Redcar" in September 2017.
- "Outwood Academy Redcar". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Department for Education. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "About the Academy - Outwood Academy Redcar". www.redcar.outwood.com. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Welford, Joanne (20 October 2012). "School Dinner Days". Evening Gazette. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- Robson, Dave (11 July 2014). "Redcar teaching trio retire after total of 115 years in the classroom". GazetteLive. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Redcar Community College Inspection report" (pdf). Ofsted. 9 May 2005. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Redcar Community College A Specialist Visual and Performing Arts Centre Inspection report" (pdf). Ofsted. 18 March 2010. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Redcar Community College A Specialist Visual and Performing Arts Centre". EduBase. Department for Education. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Redcar Academy - A Community School for the Performing and Visual Arts". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Department for Education. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Susan Hayter (14 December 2015). "Requires improvement: monitoring inspection visit to Redcar Academy – A Community School for the Performing and Visual Arts" (pdf). Ofsted. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Martyn Oliver; David Gallagher (30 June 2017). "Sponsorship of Outwood Academy Redcar from 1 September 2017" (pdf). Redcar Academy. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Outwood Academy Redcar". Get information about schools. Department for Education. Retrieved 4 October 2017.