Outwood Academy Easingwold
|Outwood Academy Easingwold|
|Local authority||North Yorkshire|
|Department for Education URN||144976 Tables|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Enrolment||606 as of January 2019|
|Houses||Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa; Pre 2017: Bronte, Cook, Moore, Wilberforce and Trueman; Pre September 2010: Bulmer, Galtres, Hambleton and Westerman|
The school is operated by Outwood Grange Academies Trust, and the current principal is William Pratt.
The school moved to its current larger site in 1954 and became a mixed, comprehensive school. The previous school site now houses Easingwold Primary School. In 1994 the Europa Block was added to the school to increase the number of classrooms available, specifically for languages. Since then a new maths block, science block and separate Sixth Form block have been added to the school grounds.
In October 2016, Ofsted published an inspection report that found the overall effectiveness of Easingwold School to be Inadequate. The school was subsequently placed into special measures, with Headteacher Phil Benaiges removed from his post and replaced by Rob Pritchard as Interim Executive Headteacher. In April 2017, it was announced the school would reopen as an academy in September 2017, sponsored by Outwood Grange Academies Trust.
- 1954–1958, Ronald Winder
- 1958–1981, Robin Gilbert
- 1981–1993, Roger Kirk
- 1993–2000, Peter Fletcher
- 2000–2012, Carey Chidwick
- 2012 (February–August), Geoff Jenkinson (Interim)
- September 2012–October 2016, Phil Benaiges
- October 2016–July 2017, Rob Pritchard (Interim Executive Headteacher)
- August 2017–present, Laura Eddery
Notable former pupils
- "Outwood Academy Easingwold". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Department for Education. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Find an inspection report". Ofsted. 5 November 2010.
- "Town's secondary school put in to special measures". York Press. Newsquest Media Group. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Swift, Nina (25 April 2017). "MP welcomes Easingwold School takeover after months of uncertainty over future". The Yorkshire Post. Johnston Publishing. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "Outwood Grange Academies Trust". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Department for Education. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Easingwold School". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Department for Education. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Catton, Richard (30 July 2009). "Jane Robinson dedicates book to former Easingwold School teacher Mollie Haigh". The Press. Retrieved 20 October 2012.