Otsego Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|Coordinates: 41°34′13″N 84°54′40″W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.78 sq mi (90.1 km2)|
|• Land||33.54 sq mi (86.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.24 sq mi (3.2 km2) 3.57%|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||76.8/sq mi (29.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453697|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.78 square miles (90.1 km2), of which 33.54 square miles (86.9 km2) (or 96.43%) is land and 1.24 square miles (3.2 km2) (or 3.57%) is water. Lakes in this township include Ball Lake, Fee Lake, Hamilton Lake, Jackson Lake, Johnson Lake and Round Lake. The stream of Black Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Hamilton (north three-quarters)
- Circle Park at 41.5497727°N 84.9099617°W
- Clarks Landing at 41.5597727°N 84.9116284°W
- Cold Springs at 41.5558838°N 84.9088505°W
- Forest Park at 41.5506061°N 84.9252400°W
- Fountain Park at 41.5631060°N 84.9141285°W
- Island Park at 41.5408838°N 84.9210732°W
- Oakwood at 41.5497727°N 84.9135729°W
- Otsego Center at 41.5725504°N 84.9088504°W
- Penn Park at 41.5442172°N 84.9238511°W
- Ravinia Oaks at 41.5650504°N 84.9010724°W
- Russels Point at 41.5539394°N 84.9241289°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains five cemeteries: Carter, Hamilton, North Otsego, Otsego Center and Teegardin.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.