Otello Toso (22 February 1914 – 15 March 1966) was an Italian film and stage actor.
|Born||22 February 1914|
|Died||15 March 1966 52) (aged|
Pieve di Curtarolo, Italy
Born in Padua, Toso graduated from the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia in 1939 and immediately later he started his film career. He was particularly prolific in the 1940s, in films in which he usually starred negative characters. After World War II Toso mostly starred in melodramas and genre films, except for Juan Antonio Bardem's Death of a Cyclist. He died at 52 in a car accident in Pieve di Curtarolo, near Padua.
- The Canal of the Angels (1934)
- The Last Enemy (1938)
- The Two Orphans (1942)
- Yellow Hell (1942)
- Two Anonymous Letters (1945)
- The Ten Commandments (1945)
- For the Love of Mariastella (1946)
- Vanity (1947)
- I cavalieri dalle maschere nere (1948)
- Cavalcade of Heroes (1950)
- Captain Demonio (1950)
- Alina (1950)
- Faddija – La legge della vendetta (1950)
- The Cliff of Sin (1950)
- Black Fire (1951)
- Carcerato (1951)
- Gli innocenti pagano (1951)
- Verginità (1952)
- La trovatella di Milano (1955)
- The Knight of the Black Sword (1956)
- Il Conte di Matera (1957)
- Il peccato degli anni verdi (1960)
- Enrico Lancia; Roberto Poppi; Fabio Melelli; Mario Pecorari. Gli Attori - Vol.3. Gremese Editore.
- "L'attore Otello Toso morto nell'auto contro una casa". La Stampa. 16 March 1966.