Osmaniye Province (Turkish: Osmaniye ili) is a Turkish province located in southern Turkey. It existed as a province by the name Cebel-i Bereket (meaning "Fertile Mountain") in the early republic until 1933, when it was incorporated into Adana Province. It was made a province again in 1996. It covers an area of 3,767 km2 and has a population of 479,221 (2010 est). The province is situated in Çukurova, a geographical, economical and cultural region.
Location of Osmaniye Province in Turkey
|• Electoral district||Osmaniye|
|• Total||3,767 km2 (1,454 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
Osmaniye province is divided into 7 districts (capital district in bold):
Historical sites and ruins
- Karatepe - Aslantaş (Domuztepe-Pınarözü) - Kadirli/Düziçi
- In 2018, ancient mosaics were discovered. One of the mosaics show a radish on it. It also has a human figure holding grapes and a partridge in his hand. In addition, it has Greek text. It is believed to date back to 1st century.
- Karakucak Wrestling Festival - Kadirli (25–26 May)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Osmaniye Province.|
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye governor's official website
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye municipality's official website
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye Haber
- (in English) Osmaniye weather forecast information