Order of the White Falcon
Order of the White Falcon (German: Hausorden vom Weißen Falken) is a grand-ducal order of Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, founded by Duke Ernest Augustus in 1732, and renewed in 1815 by Charles Augustus.
|House Order of the White Falcon|
(Hausorden vom Weißen Falken)
Commander of the Order of the White Falcon
|Awarded by the|
Duchy of Saxe-Weimar
Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
|Status||No longer awarded|
Ribbon of the order
In the early 20th century it had four classes and a silver cross, added in 1878. The decoration, a green star of eight points, with red stars between the arms, bears a white falcon, and the motto, Vigilando Ascendimus (Through vigilance we ascend), on a blue ground.
Among awarders by Order of the White Falcon, 1st class and 2nd class - Prince Vasily Andreyevich Dolgorukov (1804–1868), General of the Cavalry and Minister of War (1852–1856). Count of Erivan Ivan Fyodorovich Paskevich (1782-1856), Field marshal, attained Order of the White Falcon, 1st class (Saxen-Weimar, 1841). Count Lev Severinovich Pototskiy (1789-1860), Russian diplomat, the owner of Livadia Palace in Crimea, was awarded by a Christian cross of Order of the White Falcon (September 6, 1856). Prince Mikhail Galitzine (1830-1890), General-major, has been awarded by Order of the White Falcon, 2nd class, "with swords" (November 25, 1860).
Among the artist Joseph Geefs, Sculptor was awarded.