Operation Nam (Italian: Cobra Mission, German: Die Rückkehr der Wildgänse) is a 1986 Italian-German war film written and directed by Fabrizio De Angelis (credited as Larry Ludman). It had a sequel, Cobra Mission 2, released in 1988.
|Directed by||Fabrizio De Angelis|
|Music by||Francesco de Masi|
Ten years after the end of the Vietnam War, three American veterans who have never resigned themselves to defeat decided to organize a mission to return to Indochina. Their goal is to liberate the "missing in action", i.e. all those fellow soldiers taken prisoner by the Viet Cong and never let go.
- Oliver Tobias as Richard Wagner
- Christopher Connelly as Roger Carson
- Manfred Lehmann as Mark Adams
- John Steiner as James Walcott
- Ethan Wayne as Mike
- Donald Pleasence as Father Lenoir
- Gordon Mitchell as Col. Mortimer
- Luciano Pigozzi as Phil Lawson's Father
- Enzo G. Castellari as Major Morris
- Thomas Moore
- "Die Rückkehr der Wildgänse". Filmportal.de (in German). Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 2000. ISBN 8877424230.
- Marco Giusti. Dizionario dei film italiani stracult. Sperling & Kupfer,1999. ISBN 8820029197.
- Jay Robert Nash; Stanley Ralph Nash; Stanley Ralph Ross. The Motion Picture Guide. CineBooks, 1987.