One of Those
|One of Those|
|Directed by||Aldo Fabrizi|
|Written by||Giorgio Bianchi|
Aldo De Benedetti
Peppino De Filippo
|Music by||Carlo Innocenzi|
Maria is a widow with a dependent child, in debt with her landlord, and she tries to get by on small tailoring jobs. One day she receives a visit from a neighbor, a prostitute. Praising the beauty of Maria, and understanding her economic difficulties, the prostitute suggests her to attempt the same profession, in her view the only way for a single woman to find the money to live.
Desperate by the personal and economic situation, Maria reluctantly accepts the advice and the next day she went to a nightclub, where she encounter two wealthy country men, the brothers Martino and Rocco.
- Lea Padovani as Maria Rossetti
- Peppino De Filippo as Martino Bardelli
- Totò as Rocco Bardelli
- Aldo Fabrizi as Dr. Ubaldo Mancini
- Mara Landi as L'entraineuse
- Giulio Calì as Guardamacchine
- Nando Bruno as Il tassista
- Mario Castellani as Il farmacista
- Laura Gore as Annie
- Antonio Vaser as Il portiere d'albergo
- Alberto Talegalli as Un burino
- Pina Piovani as La portinaia
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 1991. ISBN 8876055487.