One Born Every Minute
One Born Every Minute is a British observational documentary series which shows activities taking place in the labour ward. The first series aired on Channel 4 in 2010, the second in 2011. Series 7 made its debut on 10 March 2015. This factual series is produced by Dragonfly Film and Television Productions, which is part of Shine Group.
|One Born Every Minute|
|Narrated by||Steven Hartley|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||11|
|No. of episodes||112|
|Executive producer(s)||Magnus Temple and Nick Curwin (series 1)|
Peter Moore and Sanjay Singhal (series 2)
|Producer(s)||Series 1: Jonathan Smith (series producer)|
Series 2: Francesca Newby (director of production), Lucy Bowden (series producer) and Lorraine Charker-Phillips (series director)
|Production company(s)||Dragonfly Film and Television Productions (part of Shine Group)|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||9 February 2010 –|
9 May 2018
|One Born Every Minute|
In February 2011 an American version of One Born Every Minute premiered in the USA on Lifetime Television and in August 2011 a French adaptation named Baby Boom premiered on France's TF1. There have been two seasons of the American show and five of the French. There have been nine UK series.
One Born Every Minute has to date achieved the highest ratings of any "fixed rig" multicamera documentary series, with its most popular episodes attracting audiences in excess of five million. The "rig" technique for making factual television was pioneered by Dragonfly founders Nick Curwin and Magnus Temple, in partnership with Channel 4 commissioning editor Simon Dickson, in 2008. It was first used successfully on The Family (BAFTA nominated in 2009 and 2010).
The first series won a 2010 BAFTA for best factual series; the second series was nominated for a 2011 BAFTA for best factual series. Airlock, who designed the interactive and multimedia material to accompany the series, were nominated for a 2010 BAFTA "New Media Award".
|Baby Boom||TF1||23 August 2011|
|One Born Every Minute||Lifetime Television||1 February 2011|
|En unge i minuten||TV4||7 March 2011|
|Baby Boom||Channel 10||2013|
|One Born Every Minute||Kanal 4||2018|
|One Born Every Minute||Network 10||22 October 2019|
The 2013 edition of the Comic Relief telethon featured a three-way spoof/mini-episode aired under the One Born Every Minute title and logo: a parody of the show's format with appearances by the cast of Call the Midwife along with Matt Smith as the Doctor from Doctor Who and closing narration by Vanessa Redgrave.
- "One Born Every Minute (US)". imdb.
- Baby Boom
- "Bafta TV awards 2011: nominations in full | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Awards & Nominations". Airlock.com. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Greg Laing (15 March 2013). "Comic Relief: Doctor Who meets Call the Midwife, One Born Every Minute". Digital Spy.
- One Born Every Minute on IMDb (Series 1, 2010)
- One Born Every Minute on IMDb (Series 2, 2011)
- One Born Every Minute, Channel 4, review a review from The Daily Telegraph'
- New Channel 4 series focuses on Southampton's Princess Anne Hospital A news article from Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
- One Born Every Minute: labours of love a The Guardian blog article on the second UK series
- Last Night's TV - One Born Every Minute, Channel 4 a review of the second UK series from The Independent
- Channel 4 - One Born Every Minute Episode Guide