Antonutti in 1994
|Born||August 3, 1935|
|Died||November 5, 2019 84) (aged|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Born in Basiliano, in the province of Udine (in the Northeastern Italian region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia), Antonutti often appeared regularly in films and theatre performances. He made his film debut in the 1966 film Pleasant Nights starring Vittorio Gassman, Gina Lollobrigida and Ugo Tognazzi. His most notable performance to date was in the Taviani brothers' acclaimed film Padre Padrone. In Spain, he worked with Víctor Erice in El Sur, and Carlos Saura in El Dorado. He also played Noah in Genesis: The Creation and the Flood.
Antonutti was also regularly employed in the dubbing of foreign films into Italian. He was the official Italian voice actor of Christopher Lee and dubbed many of his film roles, which include The Lord of the Rings film franchise, The Hobbit film franchise and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. Other actors he dubbed included John Hurt, Omar Sharif, Michael Gambon, Christopher Plummer, Donald Sutherland, James Cromwell and Robert Duvall.
- Pleasant Nights (1966)
- Black Market of Love (1966)
- Processo per direttissima (1974)
- The Sunday Woman (1975)
- Padre Padrone (1977)
- Alexander the Great (1980)
- The Night of the Shooting Stars (1982)
- Grog (1982)
- The South (1983)
- Quartetto Basileus (1983)
- Il disertore (1983)
- Kaos (1984)
- Good Morning, Babylon (1987)
- El Dorado (1988)
- The Witches' Sabbath (1988)
- Bankomatt (1989)
- Sandino (1990)
- Una storia semplice (1991)
- The Fencing Master (1992)
- Farinelli (1994)
- Un eroe borghese (1995)
- The Border (1996)
- Tierra del fuego (2000)
- The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair (2002)
- Napoleon and Me (2006)
- The Girl by the Lake (2007)
- Miracle at St. Anna (2008)
- Piazza Fontana: The Italian Conspiracy (2012)
- Welcome Mr. President (2013)
- Burning Love (2015)
- Saruman in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Saruman in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Saruman in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Saruman in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Saruman in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Sir Richard Turkel in Tale of the Mummy
- Burgomaster in Sleepy Hollow
- Count Dooku in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
- Cardinal D'Ambroise in Season of the Witch
- Silas Clarney in Dark Shadows
- Bob Gerson in Space Cowboys
- William Randolph Hearst in RKO 281
- John Adams Gates in National Treasure
- Henrik Vanger in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Walter in Wrestling Ernest Hemingway
- Boss Spearman in Open Range
- Monsieur Ibrahim in Monsieur Ibrahim
- King George V in The King's Speech
- Adam Sutler in V for Vendetta
- Reverend Monroe in Cold Mountain
- Nigel Honeycutt in Fool's Gold
- Sul in City of Ember
- Esteban Vihaio in Kill Bill: Volume 2
- Charles Brice in The Accompanist
- Narrator in Scary Movie 4
- Narrator in Epic Movie
- Narrator in 10,000 BC
- Delfinello in The Knights of the Quest
- "Omero Antonutti's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Omero Antonutti: il veterano Antonutti" (in Italian). Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 11 March 2010.
- Lancia, Enrico; Poppi, Roberto (2003). Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gli attori. A - L (in Italian). 3. Gremese Editore. p. 29. ISBN 978-88-8440-213-4. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Rich, Frank (16 January 1978). "Cinema: Wild Child". TIME Magazine.
- Canby, Vincent (15 January 1988). "Film: "El Sur", from Spain". New York Times.
- Canby, Vincent (22 May 1988). ""Patty" launches a major star". New York Times.
- "Omero Antonutti". MYmovies. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "Morto l'attore Omero Antonutti". ANSA. 5 November 2019.