Old Los Angeles
Old Los Angeles is a 1948 American Western film directed by Joseph Kane and written by Gerald Drayson Adams and Clements Ripley. The film stars Wild Bill Elliott, John Carroll, Catherine McLeod, Joseph Schildkraut, Andy Devine and Estelita Rodriguez.
|Old Los Angeles|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Joseph Kane|
|Produced by||Joseph Kane|
|Screenplay by||Gerald Drayson Adams|
|Story by||Clements Ripley|
|Starring||Wild Bill Elliott|
|Music by||Ernest Gold|
|Edited by||Richard L. Van Enger|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
When Bill Stockton arrives in the town of Old Los Angeles to meet his brother he quickly figures out that the outlaws rule. He is then confronted with the reality that his brother Larry has been murdered for gold. This sets him off on a quest to avenge his brother's death which comes hand in hand with even more trouble.
- Wild Bill Elliott as Bill Stockton
- John Carroll as Johnny Morrell
- Catherine McLeod as Marie Marlowe
- Joseph Schildkraut as Luis Savarin
- Andy Devine as Sam Bowie
- Estelita Rodriguez as Estelita Del Rey
- Virginia Brissac as Señora Del Rey
- Grant Withers as Marshal Ed Luckner
- Tito Renaldo as Tonio Del Rey
- Roy Barcroft as Clyborne
- Henry Brandon as Larry Stockton
- Julian Rivero as Diego
- Earle Hodgins as Horatius P. Gassoway
- Augie Gomez as Miguel
- "Old Los Angeles (1948) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- a.. W. (1948-07-12). "Movie Review - Old Los Angeles - Six-Shooters and Old Los Angeles". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Old Los Angeles". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.