Ohiya (ඔහිය) is a rural village located in Badulla District of Uva Province, Sri Lanka. It is much closer to the Horton Plains National Park. The picturesque Colombo -Badulla Railyway runs through Ohiya. Ohiya is in the Welimada Divisional Secretariat Division and the Grama Niladhari Division number is 62A.
Ohiya, Rahangala Mountain, Pattipola and Horton Plains area (view from Boralanda)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone)|
Ohiya is one of the most scenic places in Sri Lanka. On a clear day the view from the Ohiya Gap/Dondra Watch extends up to the southern coast of Sri Lanka.
- Horton Plains National Park - located 8 km (5.0 mi) away from Ohiya
- Ohiya Gap/Dondra Watch, from this vantage point, which looks out over the Haputale valley, the Dondra Head Lighthouse (101 km (63 mi)) is occasionally visible.
- Ohiya Forest
- The Devil's Staircase, a road which drops down 1,100 m (3,600 ft) in less than 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) is located beyond Udaweria Estate about 8 km away from the station
- Bamabarakanda Falls, the highest waterfall (263 m (863 ft)) in the country, is located 22 km (14 mi) away from Ohiya
- Rahangala Mountain – located 8 km (5.0 mi) away from Ohiya
- Ohiya Sub Post Office (Postal Code 90168)
Railway Line Continuity
|Preceding station||Sri Lanka Railways||Following station|
- Ohiya. Nature.sarisara.com. Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- One more heave. dailynews.lk (2009-01-01) . Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- The Way to Horton Plains. Nation.lk (2009-03-01). Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Railway Journeys. Island.lk (2009-02-15). Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Territorial Jurisdiction of High Courts, District Courts and Magistrate’s Courts. Ministry of Justice and Law Reforms of Sri Lanka
- වැලිමඩ ප්රාදේශීය ලේකම් කොට්ඨාශයේ ජනගහනය පිළිබද තොරතුරු 2007– 2008. Welimada Divisional Secretariat. ds.gov.lk
- 18th Railway Tunnel of Pattipola. Lankanewspapers.com (4 October 2008). Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Central Highlands Nature Tour. Infohub.com. Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Welimada – Boralanda – Ohiya – Horton Plains (32.47 km) Archived 28 April 2016 at the Wayback Machine. Rda.gov.lk. Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Schools Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. gov.lk (2006) . Retrieved on 17 March 2013