Nufenen (Italian: Nufena, Romansh: Nueinas) is a former municipality in the Viamala Region in the Swiss canton of Graubünden. On 1 January 2019 the former municipalities of Hinterrhein, Nufenen and Splügen merged to form the new municipality of Rheinwald.
Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 46°32′N 9°14′E|
|• Total||28.03 km2 (10.82 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,569 m (5,148 ft)|
|• Density||5.0/km2 (13/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Hinterrhein, Mesocco, Safien, Splügen, Vals|
Nufenen has an area, as of 2006, of 28.1 km2 (10.8 sq mi). Of this area, 54.9% is used for agricultural purposes, while 14.8% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.9% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (29.5%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Before 2017, the municipality was located in the Rheinwald sub-district, of the Hinterrhein district, after 2017 it was part of the Viamala Region. It is located on the San Bernardino tunnel road. It consists of the haufendorf (an irregular, unplanned and quite closely packed village, built around a central square) of Nufenen. Until the 18th Century, the village was surrounded by about fifteen farm house groups.
As of 2000, the gender distribution of the population was 55.6% male and 44.4% female. The age distribution, as of 2000, in Nufenen is; 17 people or 13.4% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old. 4 people or 3.1% are 10 to 14, and 6 people or 4.7% are 15 to 19. Of the adult population, 18 people or 14.2% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 9 people or 7.1% are 30 to 39, 17 people or 13.4% are 40 to 49, and 25 people or 19.7% are 50 to 59. The senior population distribution is 8 people or 6.3% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 15 people or 11.8% are 70 to 79, there are 7 people or 5.5% who are 80 to 89, and there are 1 people or 0.8% who are 90 to 99.
Nufenen has an unemployment rate of 0%. As of 2005, there were 43 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 15 businesses involved in this sector. 2 people are employed in the secondary sector and there is 1 business in this sector. 15 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 3 businesses in this sector.
|Languages in Nufenen|
|Languages||Census 1980||Census 1990||Census 2000|
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Nufenen in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 06-Oct-2009
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz - Mutationsmeldungen 2016 accessed 16 February 2017
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 23 September 2019
- Graubunden in Numbers Archived 2009-09-24 at the Wayback Machine (in German) accessed 21 September 2009
- Graubunden Population Statistics Archived 2009-08-27 at the Wayback Machine (in German) accessed 21 September 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nufenen.|