November 2019 Syria bombings
|November 2019 Syria bombings|
|Part of the 2019 Turkish offensive into north-eastern Syria|
Eastern Syria insurgency
and SDF insurgency in Northern Aleppo
November 2019 Syria bombings (Syria)
|Location||Tell Abyad, Raqqa Governorate, Syria|
Qamishli, Al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria
Al-Bab, Aleppo Governorate, Syria
Ras al-Ayn, al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria
|Date||2–26 November 2019|
|Deaths||13 (2 November)|
8 (10 November)
6 (11 November)
19 (16 November)
10 (23 November)
17 (26 November)
|Injured||30+ (2 November)|
26 (10 November)
21 (11 November)
50 (16 November)
25 (23 November)
20 (26 November)
|Perpetrators||YPG and PKK (per Turkey), ISIL|
On 2 November 2019, a car bombing in a busy street of Tell Abyad killed 13 and injured dozens more. The bombing occurred in the middle of a marketplace in the district center of Tell Abyad near the border with Turkey. The bombing killed and injured mostly civilians. Turkey said that the YPG and PKK conducted the bombings.
On 10 November 2019, a car bombing occurred near Tell Abyad, killing 8 people and wounded numerous others. Turkey once again stated that YPG and PKK were behind the attack. The attack happened outside of a bakery, targeting fighters but the blast killed only civilians.
On 16 November 2019, a few car bombs detonated near a bus terminal and a taxi station in Al-Bab, killing at least 19 and injuring around 50 others. Turkey condemned the attack and said the PKK was behind the bombing.
On 26 November, a car bomb went off in the Turkish-controlled area west of Ras al-Ayn, killing at least 17 people and injuring 20 others. The attack happened at a local village market. Turkey blamed the YPG and PKK for the attack.
- "Bomb kills 13 civilians, injures 20 in Syrian town on Turkish border – Ankara". RT International. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Over a dozen killed in car bomb attack near Turkey-Syria border". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Turkey blames Kurdish militia after deadly bombing in Syrian town". Reuters. 2019-11-02. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Connelly, Eileen AJ (2019-11-03). "Car bomb kills 13 in Syrian border town, Turkey blames Kurds". New York Post. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Deadly car bomb in Turkish-controlled border town". 2019-11-02. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Car bomb in Syrian border town kills 13". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Eight dead in blast in Turkish-held Syrian town". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Car bomb attack kills at least eight civilians in Syria's Tal Abyad". TRT News. 10 November 2019.
- "Three blasts kill at least 6 in Syrian town near Turkey". www.aljazeera.com. Reuters. Retrieved 2019-11-23.
- CNN, Sharif Paget, Kay Guerrero, Gul Tuysuz and Kareem Khadder. "Car bomb kills 15, injures 50 in northern Syria". CNN. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Deadly car bomb blasts rip through bus terminal in Syria's al-Bab". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "At least 10 killed in car bomb in Syria near Turkish border". Sky News. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Car bomb kills at least 18 in Turkey-controlled Syrian city (VIDEOS)". RT International. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "War monitor says 19 dead after car bombing in northern Syria". RTE. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Car bomb kills at least 10 people near Syria's border with Turkey". Reuters. November 23, 2019. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "Turkish Defense Ministry says 17 killed in car bomb explosion in northeastern Syria". AP. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Car bomb kills at least 17 people in northeastern Syria, Turkish ministry says". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Turkey says car bomb kills several in Syria region it controls". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 2019-11-26.