Not So Dusty (1956 film)
|Not So Dusty|
|Directed by||Maclean Rogers|
|Produced by||Bill Luckwell |
|Written by||Maclean Rogers|
|Music by||Wilfred Burns|
|Edited by||Sam Simmonds|
|Distributed by||Eros Films|
Two London rubbish collectors come into possession of a valuable book and thwart the attempts of some criminals to con them out of it. Meanwhile, one of the dustmen pursues a romance with a housemaid he has met on his round.
- Joy Nichols as Lobelia
- Bill Owen as Dusty Grey
- Leslie Dwyer as Nobby Clarke
- Harold Berens as Driver
- Roddy Hughes as J.C. Layton
- Ellen Pollock as Agatha Lincoln
- Wally Patch as Burrows
- Dandy Nichols as Mrs. Clarke
- William Simons as Derek Clarke
- Totti Truman Taylor as Charlotte Duncan
- Bill Shine as Alistair Lincoln
- Tony Quinn as Elmer J. Cobb
- Diana Chapman as Receptionist
- Scott Sanders as Lancelot Barnaby Pennington
- Michael McKeag as 2nd Actor
- Alexis de Galien as Head waiter
- George Roderick as 1st Waiter
- John Moore as 2nd Waiter
The film was made at Twickenham Studios and on location around London. It is a remake of a 1936 film of the same title which had also been directed by Maclean Rogers. Wally Patch, who had written and starred in the earlier film, appears in a small role in the remake.
- Chibnall, Steve & McFarlane, Brian. The British 'B' Film. Palgrave MacMillan, 2011.
- "Not So Dusty". BFI.