Northdale is an unincorporated census-designated place in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. Northdale was named by the combination of the words in North Dale Mabry, the main highway through the Northdale area. The population was 22,079 at the 2010 census.
|Coordinates: 28°5′58″N 82°31′31″W|
|• Total||8.6 sq mi (22.2 km2)|
|• Land||8.1 sq mi (20.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|• Density||2,731/sq mi (1,054.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Northdale is located in northwest Hillsborough County at 28°5′58″N 82°31′31″W (28.099431, -82.525370). It is bordered to the north by Cheval, to the northeast by Lutz, to the east by Lake Magdalene, to the south by Carrollwood, to the southwest by Citrus Park, and to the northwest by Keystone. North Dale Mabry Highway (Florida State Road 597) forms the eastern edge of the CDP, and Veterans Expressway (Florida State Road 589) forms the southwest border. Northdale is 19 miles (31 km) north-northwest of downtown Tampa.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Northdale CDP has a total area of 8.6 square miles (22.2 km2), of which 8.1 square miles (20.9 km2) are land and 0.50 square miles (1.3 km2), or 5.67%, are water.
As of the 2010 census, there were 22,079 people, 8,546 households, and 5,939 families residing in the community. The population density was 2,903.3 people per square mile (1,000.0/km²). There were 9,120 housing units at an average density of 993.9/sq mi (383.6/km²). The racial makeup of the community was 82.6% White (63.3% non-Hispanic white), 6.9% African American, 0.2% Native American, 4.7% Asian, less than 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.8% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 23.5% of the population.
There were 8,546 households out of which 31.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.8% were married couples living together, 12.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.5% were non-families. 23.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the community the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 5.2% from 18 to 24, 26.4% from 25 to 44, 30.6% from 45 to 64, and 11.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39.5 years. For every 100 females, there were 92.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.1 males.
The median income for a household in the community was $60,855, and the median income for a family was $72,825. The per capita income for the community was $30,371. About 8.2% of families and 10.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.3% of those under age 18 and 7.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Northdale CDP, Florida". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Census figures enumerated as Greater Northdale in 1990 & 2000.
- Northdale (CDP), FL 2010 Census. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Northdale (CDP), FL Demographic information. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- Northdale (CDP), FL 2008-2012 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- SELECTED ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS: 2008-2012 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-01-09.