North Okaw Township, Coles County, Illinois
North Okaw Township is one of twelve townships in Coles County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 983 and it contained 377 housing units. The Kaskaskia River flows through the township. The Cook Mills Consolidated oil field is within this township. The township changed its name from Okaw Township on May 7, 1860.
North Okaw Township
Location in Coles County
Coles County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°35′N 88°25′W|
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||54.41 sq mi (140.9 km2)|
|• Land||54.37 sq mi (140.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.07%|
|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|• Density||18.1/sq mi (7.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61910, 61911, 61931, 61938, 61951
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.41 square miles (140.9 km2), of which 54.37 square miles (140.8 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.07%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains five cemeteries: Brann, Mount Zion, Pleasant Grove, Smith and Zoar.
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "North Okaw Township, Coles County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.