North Lindsey College
|North Lindsey College|
|Type||Further education college|
|Local authority||North Lincolnshire|
|Department for Education URN||130587 Tables|
|Head teacher||Mick Lochran|
North Lindsey College is an associate college of the University of Lincoln providing a range of further education and higher education courses. The college comprises 69 departments and occupies an area of 23 acres (93,000 m2). It has two local centres in Ashby and Barton.
The college was established in 1953 as North Lindsey Technical College. Its main building opened in 1964. In 1971 the college became the North Lindsey College of Technology – at that time it was run by Lindsey Education Committee (based in Lincoln). Humberside Education Committee in Beverley took over the administration of the college in 1974.
At that stage it had five departments:
- Business and Management Studies
- General Studies
- Science and Metallurgy
- Mathematics and Computing
A college library was built in 1978, and a refectory in 1980. An art and design department opened in 1987. In 1989 it became North Lindsey College. The college logo was designed by local graphic designer and tutor in the art and design department Carole Van Hoffelen and featured a framed 'S' made from 5 parallel lines, symbolic of the local steelworks.
In 2003 the college began producing a newsletter called Clippings, which publishes around 2-3 times year.
In May 2010, an atrium was constructed at the front of the main entrance of the main building, and was opened in September 2010.
During August 2010, the oldest building on the college campus was demolished.
In September 2016, student lanyards were introduced to improve safety to all persons on campus.
- North Lindsey College official website
- North Lindsey College International official website
- Youth Theatre
- Clippings Magazine
- 2008 Ofsted Report (PDF)