Nomad Foods is a UK-headquartered frozen foods company. The company's jurisdiction of incorporation is the British Virgin Islands. In 2015, Nomad acquired the Iglo Group. Five countries – the UK, Italy, Germany, France and Sweden – accounted for a combined 75% of its total sales in 2016.
|Traded as||NYSE: NOMD LSE: 0RMO|
|Founded||1 June 2015|
Martin E. Franklin
|Headquarters||Number 1 New Square, Bedfont Lakes Business Park, Feltham, Middlesex TW14 8HA (Address of Principal Executive Offices)|
British Virgin Islands (Jurisdiction of Incorporation)
|Stéfan Descheemaeker (CEO)|
Number of employees
|3,875 (31 December 2017)|
Nomad Foods was founded on 1 April 2014 as an investment vehicle without operational business by Noam Gottesman and Martin E. Franklin. Its shares were listed on the London Stock Exchange. On 20 April 2015, Nomad Holding announced it would acquire the Iglo Group (with its brands Iglo, Birds Eye and Findus in Italy), based in Feltham, London, England, from Permira for €2.6 billion. On 1 July 2015 Nomad Holdings completed the acquisition and renamed itself to Nomad Foods. Permira holds a 9 percent stake in the new company.
Nomad subsequently purchased the Findus Group in November 2015. The acquisition meant Findus' operations in Italy owned by Iglo were reunited with those in the rest of continental Europe and Scandinavia under the same ownership.
In April 2018, Nomad Foods completed it's purchase of Goodfella's Pizza, previously owned by Two Sisters Foods Group, for EUR225 million, and in June 2018, it agreed to acquire British frozen food maker Aunt Bessie's for €280 million.
- "Nomad Foods Limited". www.sec.gov. UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION.
- "Form 20F - Nomad Foods". United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Birds Eye owner, Iglo Group, sold to American firm". BBC News. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Ellis, Mark (26 March 2016). "There's some very good news for fans of Findus Crispy Pancakes". mirror.
- "Nomad Foods Limited Completes Acquisition of Findus Group's Continental European Businesses". PR Newswire. 2 November 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Nomad Foods To Celebrate Official Listing On New York Stock Exchange By Ringing Opening Bell". PR Newswire. 12 January 2016. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "Nomad Agrees to Buy British Food Brand Aunt Bessie's". Bloomberg.com. 2018-06-04. Retrieved 2018-06-04.