No Starch Press
No Starch Press is an American publishing company, specializing in technical literature often geared towards the geek, hacker, and DIY subcultures. Popular titles include Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, Andrew Huang's Hacking the Xbox, and How Wikipedia Works.
|Country of origin|
|Headquarters location||San Francisco, California|
|Distribution||Penguin Random House Publisher Services|
No Starch Press publishes books with a focus on networking, computer security, hacking, Linux, programming, technology for kids, Lego, math, and science. The publisher also releases educational comics like Super Scratch Programming Adventure and The Manga Guide to Science series.
No Starch Press titles are available online and in bookstores in all major English language markets worldwide. No Starch Press titles have been translated into over thirty languages.
Penguin Random House Publisher Services distributes No Starch Press titles in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Absolute OpenBSD
- Cult of Mac
- Debian System
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
- How Wikipedia Works
- Programming Linux Games
- English-language editions of several of The Manga Guides books:
- The Manga Guide to Biochemistry
- The Manga Guide to Calculus
- The Manga Guide to Cryptography
- The Manga Guide to Databases
- The Manga Guide to Electricity
- The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra
- The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology
- The Manga Guide to Physics
- The Manga Guide to Regression Analysis
- The Manga Guide to Relativity
- The Manga Guide to Statistics
- The Manga Guide to the Universe
- The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
- "Penguin Random House Publisher Services | Current Clients". Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Erickson, Jon. Hacking: The Art of Exploitation. No Starch Press, 2008. ISBN 978-1-59327-144-2
- Ayers, Phoebe (2008). How Wikipedia Works. San Francisco: No Starch Press. ISBN 1-59327-176-X.
- The LEAD Project. Super Scratch Programming Adventure: Learn to Program by Making Cool Games. No Starch Press, 2012. ISBN 978-1-59327-409-2
- Cha, Kai-Ming (9 December 2008). "No Starch Press Offers Manga-Style Technical Guides". Publishers Weekly.