Ningbo University (NBU; simplified Chinese: 宁波大学; traditional Chinese: 寧波大學; pinyin: Níngbō Dàxué) is located in Jiangbei District, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China. It is a provincially governed key university in Zhejiang Province. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines.
Motto in English
|"Seeking truth from facts and applying knowledge to the service of the nation"|
|Campus||Urban, 5.3 km²|
Ningbo University was established in 1986 by the donation of Yue-Kong Pao. Other major benefactors include Sir Run-run Shaw, Sir Chao An Chung (赵安中), Sir Hans Tang, Sir Yue-shu Pao (包玉书), Sir Cao Guangbiao, Sir Li Dashan (李达三), Sir Zhu Yinglong (朱英龙).
In 1996, Ningbo Normal College (宁波师范学院) and Zhejiang Shuichan College, Ningbo (浙江水产学院宁波分院) were merged into Ningbo University.
In the early years of the school founding, Zhejiang University, Fudan University, China University of Science and Technology, Beijing University and other counterparts reconstruction, starting point to begin the school history.
After 2000, Ningbo Maritime School, Ningbo Forestry School, and Ningbo Normal School were merged into Ningbo University.
- The school ranking by the Wushu Lian presided over the "2015 China University Evaluation", the 2015 Chinese University Ranking Award comprehensive strength ranked 76 (40.4 points) out of TOP 192 China Universities.
- Faculty of Education ranked 26 in china
- Faculty of Science and Technology ranked 96
- Faculty of Engineering ranked 87
- Faculty of Science ranked 91
- Faculty of Economics ranked 59
- Faculty of Law ranked 55
- Faculty of literature ranked 46
- 2011 University research ranking of top 70 in East of China ranked 27
- 2011 East China University Research ranked 35
- School of Information Science and Engineering
- School of Science
- School of Medicine
- School of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
- School of Law
- School of Teacher Education
- School of Maritime and Transportation
- School of Sport Science
- Medical School
- School of Arts
- School of Architecture, Civil Engineering
- "校训校歌". Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Who we are." Ningbo University. Retrieved on November 16, 2015. "Address: 818 Fenghua Road, Jiangbei District, Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, PRC"
- "教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)".
- "严济慈之子严陆光院士：格言点亮人生之光". Sciencenet.cn. 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2019-02-04.