Night of the Quarter Moon
Night of the Quarter Moon is a 1959 American drama film directed by Hugo Haas and written by Franklin Coen and Frank Davis. The film stars Julie London, John Drew Barrymore, Anna Kashfi, Dean Jones, Agnes Moorehead and Nat King Cole. The film was released on March 4, 1959, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
|Night of the Quarter Moon|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Hugo Haas|
|Produced by||Albert Zugsmith|
|Written by||Franklin Coen|
John Drew Barrymore
Nat King Cole
|Music by||Albert Glasser|
|Cinematography||Ellis W. Carter|
|Edited by||Ben Lewis|
A young man returns home with a new bride, but his family objects when they learn she is of mixed race.
- Julie London as Ginny O'Sullivan Nelson
- John Drew Barrymore as Roderic "Chuck" Nelson
- Anna Kashfi as Maria Robbin
- Dean Jones as Lexington Nelson
- Agnes Moorehead as Cornelia Nelson
- Nat King Cole as Cy Robbin
- Ray Anthony as The Hotel Manager
- Jackie Coogan as Desk Sergeant Bragan
- Charles Chaplin, Jr. as Young Thug
- Billy Daniels as Headwaiter
- Cathy Crosby as Singer
- James Edwards as Asa Tully
- Arthur Shields as Captain Tom O'Sullivan
- Edward Andrews as Clinton Page
- Robert Warwick as Judge
- Marguerite Belafonte as Hostess
The film was based on an original story by Frank Davis and Franklin Coen. Albert Zugsmith, who had a producing deal with MGM, bought it in September 1957. Zugsmith gave lead roles to John Drew Barrymore, who had been in the producer's High School Confidential, and Julie London.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study
- HOWARD THOMPS0N (1959-03-05). "Movie Review - Night of the Quarter Moon - Racial Love Story". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- "Night of the Quarter Moon (1959) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- TIME FOR COMEDY AT MOVIE STUDIOS: New York Times 5 Sep 1957: 33.
- Columnist Offered Part in New Film Hopper, Hedda. Los Angeles Times (1923-1995); Los Angeles, Calif. [Los Angeles, Calif]06 Aug 1958: B6.