|Born||15 March 1974|
Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|Position||Wing, Centre, Fullback|
He commenced his football playing in the junior teams in Kyogle.
Roy made his first grade debut for Illawarra in round 10 1993 against Cronulla-Sutherland at WIN Stadium which ended in a 30-0 victory. Roy departed Illawarra at the end of 1994 and signed with North Sydney.
While at the North Sydney Bears, Roy played finals in 4 out of 5 seasons at the club and was a member of the Norths side which made consecutive preliminary finals in 1996 & 1997. In 2000, North Sydney merged with arch rivals Manly-Warringah to form the Northern Eagles. Roy was one of the few players from Norths signed on to play for the new team. In 2001, Roy joined London and played with the club up until the end of 2004 before retiring.
- Nigel Roy rugbyleagueproject.org
- Butt, Phillippa (25 September 2016). "NRLNT manager Nigel Roy helping grow rugby league in Top End". NT News. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Alan Whiticker/Glen Hudson: The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. (1995 edition) ISBN 1875169571
- "Manly Sea Eagles and North Sydney Bears must merge into a 'behemoth' club, says Brad Fittler". Sporting News.
- "Why the demise of the North Sydney Bears has Sydney Roosters officials worried". SMH.