|Residence||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Occupation||Actress, model, entrepreneur|
Mark Tabberner (m. 2012–2018)
|Children||Freya Charles, Nova Charles, Archie Tabberner|
Charles trained as an actress and dancer at the Gemini Drama School and started her career in British television commercials, having been chosen as the face to launch Coca-Cola's new flagship brand Sprite. She continues in commercials and modelling work to this day but it was not until moving to Australia in the mid 1990s with then boyfriend, Scott Michaelson, that she landed her first acting role. Having turned up at Grundy Television studios auditioning for game show The Price is Right, Charles was noticed by casting director Jan Russ and invited to read for a part on Neighbours. She played Sarah Beaumont a role that was written for her off and on from 1995 to 2016. Her profile soared at this point in her career. In the United Kingdom, she was voted by readers to be the 2nd Sexiest Woman in the World in FHM's list of the 100 sexiest women in 1998 and again in 1999.
In 2001, Charles finished recording an album called Listening in Colour which was mixed by prominent sound engineer, Chris Lord-Alge in Los Angeles. However the album was never officially released and Charles was subsequently let go by the UK division of Mushroom Records.
In 2009, she had a supporting role in comedy film For Christ's Sake, which also features Armin Shimerman and W. Morgan Sheppard. Following a permanent move back to Australia with her three children Nicola has reprised her role on Neighbours twice.
Charles married kickboxing champion Sean Cochrane in March 1993. The relationship soon broke up. On 18 August 2003, Charles married actor Jason Barry. The couple split in 2008. On 1 June 2012, Charles married DJ Mark Tabberner in Caulfield. Charles and Tabberner have a son called Archie.
- 26 Years, 26 Interviews #4: Nicola Charles. Up to Date Neighbours News, 20 March 2011.
- Dillon, David. Hi Neighbours. Meet Naughty Nicola!. Sunday Mirror, 14 July 1996.
- Dennehy, Luke (2 June 2012). "Former Neighbours actor Nicola Charles weds British love". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Byrne, Fiona (10 September 2011). "Charles delighted to be home among neighbours". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Byrne, Fiona (17 March 2012). "Neighbours siren Sarah Beaumont is back". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times. Retrieved 4 June 2012.