Nick Meyer is an American film producer, CEO of Sierra/Affinity and president of film operations for Entertainment One. Meyer was the president of Paramount Vantage until December 2008. In 2007, with Meyer as co-head of Paramount, the Studio received 19 Academy Award nominations. Four of the Studio's 2007 feature films were honored: There Will Be Blood, a Paramount Vantage and Miramax co-production, received eight nominations; No Country for Old Men, also a Miramax and Paramount Vantage co-production, received eight nominations; Into the Wild earned two nominations; The Kite Runner garnered one nomination. At the 80th Academy Awards, Blood and No Country won a combined six awards, including the Academy Award for Best Picture for No Country, the Academy Award for Best Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis in Blood, and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for Javier Bardem in No Country.
Formerly, Meyer was the long-time president of Lionsgate International, a division of Lionsgate Studios. He founded Sierra Pictures in 2009. In 2011, his Sierra Pictures merged with film sales company Affinity International to become Sierra/Affinity.
In addition to representing sales of third party films, Sierra/Affinity is as the exclusive sales agent for films developed and produced by Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, Bold Films and Sierra Pictures. Following Entertainment One’s (eOne) strategic equity investment in Sierra Pictures in January 2016, the international sales and distribution of films produced and acquired by eOne Features, as well as eOne-distributed films from The Mark Gordon Company, will be handled by Sierra/Affinity outside of Canada, the UK, Australia/New Zealand, Benelux and Spain, where eOne directly distributes films. In July 2018, eOne acquires the remaining stake in the company and Meyer was appointed as president of the company's film operations. On August 22, 2019, Hasbro announced it will acquire eOne for $4 billion.
He is a graduate of Wesleyan University and an MA from Middlebury.
- Kay, Jeremy (2008-12-05). "Nick Meyer leaves Paramount Vantage, Guy Stodel stands in | News | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Kay, Jeremy (2007-05-02). "Paramount Vantage sales team takes shape with Walton hire | News | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Kay, Jeremy (2009-09-14). "Meyer's Sierra launches with Play, Day | News | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- The Editors of GQ (2010-05-11). "How To Name Your Hollywood Production Company!". GQ. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Indiewire Team (2011-01-06). "Announcing an almost-new sales company: Sierra/Affinity". IndieWire. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Goldstein, Gregg (18 May 2017). "Nick Meyer Leads Sierra/Affinity to New Heights With Commitment to Quality". Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- McNary, Dave (1 January 2016). "Entertainment One Invests in Sierra Pictures". Variety. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (July 2, 2018). "eOne Buys Out Sierra/Affinity, Names Nick Meyer & Marc Schaberg To Top Exec Posts". Deadline Hollywood.
- "Hasbro to Acquire Entertainment One Adding Brands and Expanding Storytelling Through Global Entertainment". Hasbro. Retrieved 2019-09-02.
- Low, Elaine; Low, Elaine (August 22, 2019). "Hasbro Acquires Entertainment One in $4 Billion All-Cash Deal".
- Lael Loewenstein (2008-03-27). "Basinger's students make their mark". Variety. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Goldstein, Gregg (18 May 2017). "Nick Meyer Leads Sierra/Affinity to New Heights With Commitment to Quality". Variety. Retrieved 18 May 2017.