Nicholas William Hamilton
3 May 2000
Hamilton was born in Lismore, Australia to Vicki Atkins and Craig Hamilton. He has a brother named Joshua "JJ" Hamilton and two sisters namely Rebecca Hamilton and Rachel Hamilton. His uncle died from cancer in 2011, which he credits as starting his career, stating "I knew I had to pursue acting for him." His first role was the part of Elvis in a grade five school play - Hamilton said he reluctantly took it, but 'really enjoyed [the] whole process' of rehearsal. He later joined a local acting agency.
Hamilton gained industry attention in the 2013 short film Time, directed by Liam Connor. He played a young boy who believed in time travel. The film was a finalist of the 2013 Tropfest Short Film Festival, and Hamilton won an award at the festival for Best Male Actor. This gained him the attention of Catherine Poulton, an agent in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He began his screen career with a role in Mako: Island of Secrets, and parts in short films such as Jackrabbit and Letter to Annabelle.
Hamilton's first role in a feature film was as Nicole Kidman and Joseph Fiennes' son in the Australian drama-suspense film Strangerland. In early 2016, he landed a guest role in Wanted with Rebecca Gibney. His first American performance was as Rellian in 2016's Captain Fantastic, for which he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Young Artist Awards, along with the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. In 2014, after filming Captain Fantastic, he joined with WME and 3 Arts Entertainment. In 2017, he portrayed Lucas Hanson in the film adaptation of The Dark Tower, as well as Henry Bowers in IT. To prepare for the role of Bowers, Hamilton read the original novel and liaised with Jarred Blancard, who portrayed Bowers in the 1990 miniseries. In 2018, it was announced he would portray Private Noel Grimes in Danger Close, an Australian film centered on the Battle of Long Tan and Endless/Undying as Chris, a teenager who finds himself trapped in a purgatory searching for a way to make contact with his true love. He returned as young Henry Bowers in It Chapter Two, released in 2019.
Hamilton currently resides in Australia, but has said he hopes to move to Los Angeles in the future. He has a dog named Roxy.
|The Streak||Young Dave|
|2014||Long Shadows||Nathan Sinclair|
|Letter to Annabelle||Jack|
|2015||Strangerland||Tommy Tom Parker|
|2017||The Dark Tower||Lucas Hanson|
|2019||Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan||Private Noel Grimes|
|It Chapter Two||Young Henry Bowers|
|2013||Tropfest Short Film Award||Best Actor||Time||Won|
|2017||Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Captain Fantastic||Nominated|
|2017||Young Artist Award||Best Supporting Actor||Captain Fantastic||Nominated|
- @Nic_Hamilton (May 3, 2018). "It's my birthday fuckers. What did you get me? It better not be a secondhand toaster again I swear to god" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Captain Fantastic (2016), retrieved 2017-11-26
- "Nicholas Hamilton plays bully Henry Bowers in IT". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- White, Leah (5 July 2014). "Alstonville teen actor heading for Hollywood". Northern Star. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Nicholas Hamilton Gives RAW Interview, Talks 'IT'". Raw Pages. 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Valenti, Julia (10 September 2017). "Fan Fest EXCLUSIVE Interview: Nicholas Hamilton talks the challenges of playing Henry Bowers, and IT's Expectations!". Fan Fest. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- McClendon, Lamarco (17 August 2016). "Nicholas Hamilton On Filming Stephen King's 'It' Remake". Variety. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Enclada, Javier (29 May 2018). "Teen actor joins war movie cast". South Burnett Times. Retrieved 29 November 2018 – via PressReader.com.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (21 November 2018). "Alexandra Shipp & Nicholas Hamilton Set for Drama 'Endless' with DeRon Horton Co-Starring". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Zachary, Brandon (30 July 2018). "It: Chapter 2 - Losers' Club Is All Grown Up in New Set Photo". cbr.com. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- School first but horror a scream for Nicholas Hamilton
- Nic Hamilton on Instagram: "Roxy wishes everyone a happy 2018..."
- Encalada, Javier (September 1, 2017). "Nicholas Hamilton, our 'IT' young Hollywood star". northernstar.com.au. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- Encalada, Javier (January 30, 2017). "The Aussie teen who 'flips a bird' on Hollywood red carpet". northernstar.com.au. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "Young Artist Awards (2017)". imdb.com. Retrieved August 26, 2018.