Nicholas Clapp is a Borrego Springs, California based writer, film-maker, and amateur archaeologist who has been called "a modern day Indiana Jones". He has received 70 film awards (including Emmys), and several films that he edited have received Academy Award nominations. He is a graduate of both Brown University and the University of Southern California, and he has worked for Disney, National Geographic Society, Columbia Pictures, PBS and the White House.
Nicholas Clapp is married to Bonnie Loizos, now Bonnie Clapp. He has two daughters, Jennifer and Cristina.
- The road to Ubar: Finding the Atlantis of the Sands. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 1999. ISBN 978-0-395-95786-8. OCLC 41557131.
- Sheba: Through the Desert in Search of the Legendary Queen. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2001. ISBN 9780547345017.
- Who Killed Chester Pray? A Death Valley Mystery. La Frontera. 2007. ISBN 9780978563424.
- Gold and Silver in the Mojave: Images of a Last Frontier. Sunbelt Publications. 2012. ISBN 9780932653062.
- Old Magic: Lives of the Desert Shamans. Sunbelt Publications. 2015. ISBN 9781941384053.
- Virginia City: To Dance with the Devil. Sunbelt Publications. 2016. ISBN 9781941384152.
- Bodie: Good Times & Bad. Sunbelt Publications. 2017. ISBN 9781941384268.
- The Outlaw’s Violin: Or Farewell, Old West. Sunbelt Publications. 2019. ISBN 9781941384497.
- Let My People Go: The Story of Israel (1965)
- The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau (2 episodes, 1968)
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (1968 TV Movie)
- Journey to the Outer Limits (1973)
- National Geographic Specials: The Haunted West (1973), The Great Mojave Desert (1975)
- The Incredible Machine (1975)
- Glionna, John M. (15 March 1998). "'Atlantis of the Sands': A Sizzling Tale". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Saari, Peggy; Pear, Nancy; Baker, Daniel B. (1997). Explorers & Discoverers. 5. Gale. ISBN 9780787619909. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Wallace, Amy (February 5, 1992). "It Helped to Be Amateurs, Say Discoverers of Buried City". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- "Nicholas Clapp". Sunbelt Publications. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Sipchen, Bob (8 March 1998). "Riches in the Arabian Desert (book review)". Los Angeles Times.
- Harris, Michael (1 May 2001). "Sifting Through Sands of Time for the Truth About Sheba (book review)". Los Angeles Times.
- Nicholas Clapp on IMDb