|Location||Turangi, North Island|
|Descended from||Iwi: Ngāti Tūwharetoa|
Tuwharetoa FM is the official radio station of the people of Ngāti Tūwharetoa. It began at Waiariki Polytechnic in Turangi in February 1991, was taken off air in late 1992, relaunched in 1993, and added a frequency reaching as far as Taumaranui. An off-shot station, Tahi FM, began in February 1993 but is no longer operating. Tuwharetoa FM broadcasts on 97.2 FM in Turangi, and 95.1 FM in the areas of Taumarunui, National Park, Whakapapa and Raetihi.
- "Te Puni Kōkiri iwi profile". tkm.govt.nz. Te Puni Kōkiri, New Zealand Government. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Wikaira, Martin. "Te Ara iwi profile". Te Ara: The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "DOC - Ngāti Tūrangitukua". doc.govt.nz. Department of Conservation, New Zealand Government. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Turangi". Welcome to the Radio Vault. New Zealand: The Radio Vault. 23 July 2009. Archived from the original on 27 August 2009. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Iwi Radio Coverage" (PDF). maorimedia.co.nz. Māori Media Network. 2007. Retrieved 14 June 2015.