|Coordinates: 41°20′55″N 84°50′42″W|
|Elevation||820 ft (250 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440155|
Newville was platted in 1837. It took its name from Newville Township. A post office was established at Newville in 1839, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.
Newville is located at 41°20′55″N 84°50′42″W.
- Jeff Berry, Ku Klux Klan leader
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Newville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- History of DeKalb County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 702.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 242. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...called Newville for its location in Newville Township.
- "DeKalb County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.