Newsweek Views the News
|Newsweek Views the News|
|Also known as||''Newsweek Analysis''|
|Genre||Public affairs program|
|Written by||Howard Merrill|
|Directed by||Barry Shear|
|Presented by||Ernest K. Lindley|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||25 mins|
|Original release||November 7, 1948 –|
May 22, 1950
The program, produced and distributed by DuMont, aired live on Monday nights from 8–8:30 p.m. on most DuMont affiliates. The last episode was aired on May 22, 1950, and DuMont replaced the series with Visit with the Armed Forces.
Kinescopes of two episodes, "Casebook of Treason" (February 27, 1950) and "The Far East" (April 17, 1950), are in the collection of the UCLA Film and Television Archive.
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- "Variety Marathon". New York Times. 5 March 1950. p. 107.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1