Newent Town F.C.
Newent Town F.C. are a football club based in Newent, in Gloucestershire, England. They were established in 1920. Affiliated to the Gloucestershire County Football Association, they are currently members of the Hellenic League Division One West. The clubs nickname is the Daffs.
|Full name||Newent Town Football Club|
|Ground||Wildsmith Meadow, Newent|
|Manager||Ben Stringer & Martin Elton|
|League||Hellenic League Division One West|
|2018–19||Hellenic League Division One West, 9th of 12|
The club was founded in 1920. In the 1972-73 season the club won Division two of the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League. The 1979-80 season saw the club leave the Gloucestershire Northern Senior league and become a founding member of the Gloucestershire County League. The club remained in the Gloucestershire county league until 1986, and re-joined the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League in 1989.
In the 2017-18 season the club entered a team in Division Two West of the Hellenic Football League in addition to having a first team in the Gloucestershire Northern Senior league. However the club was expelled from the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League as a result of entering a team in the Hellenic league, as it was accused of not fielding its strongest team in the Northern League when fixtures clashed. The club in its debut season won the Division Two West title and so gained promotion to Division One West for the 2018-19 season.
- Reg Davis Trophy:
- Winners (2): 2015, 2016
- FA Vase best performance: 2nd Qualifying Round 2019–2020
- "Newent Town AFC win the Reg Davis Cup". The Ross Gazette.
- "Uhlsport Hellenic Football League - Club Details -Newent Town AFC". www.hellenicleague.co.uk.
- "NSL winners". web.archive.org. 29 September 2011.
- Russwwfc (20 April 2019). "The Wycombe Wanderer: Newent Town - Wildsmiths Meadow".
- NEWENT TOWN at the Football Club History Database
- "Newent Town face expulsion from Northern Senior League without help from Forest clubs". The Forester.
- "Newent Town's bizarre season could end in double delight". The Forester.
- "Newent Town granted promotion in Hellenic League". 21 June 2018.
- "Newent Town see off Harrow Hill for second successive Reg Davis Cup triumph". The Forester.