New York Fury
New York Fury was a semi-professional American women’s soccer club playing in the Women's Premier Soccer League Elite, the top tier of women’s soccer in the United States in 2012. It was part of the Fury Soccer Organization which also supports the Long Island Fury. The club, founded in 2011, was a member of Women's Premier Soccer League and in 2012 joined the newly formed Women's Premier Soccer League Elite.
|Full name||New York Fury|
|Ground||James M. Shuart Stadium at Hofstra University|
|League||Women's Premier Soccer League Elite|
Following the suspension of Women's Professional Soccer (WPS) in late 2011, it was announced that former Philadelphia Independence coach Paul Riley would lead the New York Fury comprising players he called the "WPS Supergroup." In March 2012, the team joined the WPSL Elite competing against three teams who previously played in the WPS: Boston Breakers, Chicago Red Stars, and Western New York Flash.
In August 2012, a new top-tier professional league, the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) was announced. Many of the Fury players went on to play on teams within the league during its inaugural season. Riley was named head coach of the Portland Thorns in 2014 and recruited many of his former players.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Head Coach: Paul Riley
- Assistant Coach: Skip Thorp
- Kassouf, Jeff (March 12, 2012). "Paul Riley to coach New York Fury". Equaiizer Soccer. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Paul Riley's New York Fury Joins WPSL Elite League". Soccer Nation. March 25, 2012. Archived from the original on 13 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "NY State of Mind: Fury adds another ex-Cheesesteak in Farrelly". Philly Soccer News. May 17, 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- Cuttone, Charles (February 12, 2013). "Independence players settling around NWSL". Philly Soccer News. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "His Game of Thorns". Philly Soccer News. December 9, 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2015.