New Annan, Prince Edward Island
rural unincorporated community
|Coordinates: 46°25′10″N 63°42′42″W|
|Province||Prince Edward Island|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (Atlantic (AST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
|Canadian Postal code|
An 1875 gazetteer refers to New Annan Mills as a "small village in Prince co. [County], 6 miles from Summerside. Pop.[Population] 80."
November 2011 murder-suicide
On November 13, 2011, two people died in suspicious circumstances in New Annan. A car parked at the roadside with a man and a woman in it was found on Highway 2 in New Annan, between highways 110 and 120. The woman was dead due to stabbing and the man later died in hospital due to a self-inflicted stab wound.
- Hamilton, William B. (1996). "New Annan, PEI". Place names of Atlantic Canada. University of Toronto Press. p. 467. ISBN 0-8020-0471-7. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "New Annan". PlaceFinder. Government of Prince Edward Island. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "New Annan". Business Guide. Government of Prince Edward Island. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "New Annan Mills". Lovell's Gazetteer of British North America. Containing the Latest and Most Authentic Descriptions of Over Six Thousand Cities. 1875. p. 209. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "UPDATE - Police investigating homicide". The Guardian. Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. November 13, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2011.