Nazar (TV series)
Nazar (transl. Evil eye) is an Indian paranormal romance television series which airs on StarPlus and streams on Hotstar. Produced by Gul Khan and Karishma Jain under 4 Lions Films, it is directed by Atif Khan and written by Mrinal Jha. It stars Antara Biswas, Harsh Rajput and Niyati Fatnani in lead roles.
|Written by||Story: |
|Directed by||Atif Khan|
|Theme music composer||Tapas Relia|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||367|
|Editor(s)||Shashank H Singh|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||24 min approx|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||30 July 2018 –|
The story revolves around Mohana, a 250-year-old life-force sucking vampire-like humanoid called daayan, who also knows "jaadu-tona" (witchcraft). Mohana kills people by draining their vitality to keeps herself young and beautiful. Her "nazar" (evil eye) wreaks havoc in the lives of the Rathods. Along with daayans, the Raathod family and Reevaavanshis (a secret society of monster-hunters) also encounter a number of other paranormal entities; including churels, yakshavan-jeevis, jalparis, rakshasas amongst other creatures.
Mohana Rathod, a 251 year old Daayan, sustains herself by sucking out the life force of her victims. She enchants Mridul Rathod with her surreal beauty, after which they marry and have two children; Ansh and Kajal. Mohana wins Mridul's favour by helping him amass great wealth through black magic while she gradually drains his vitality leading to his premature death. Mohana also kills Mridul's mother to hide her secret identity but the Rathods grow suspicious anyway. A worried Vedashree Rathod (Mridul's sister in law) seeks help from her friend Divya Sharma, who is a psychical wizardess and "Reevavanshi" (member of a clan of monster-hunters) comes to help Mridul's bewitched family and ward off the evil eye. Divya slashes Mohana's plait by throwing a daivik dagger, which makes Mohana powerless. Once cornered, Mohana is set on fire by the villagers and Mridul's family which turns her into stone. She is then captivated in a temple bound by magical spells. Yet Mohana's evil eye (Nazar) still lurks on the family as she is a unique and powerful Daayan called "Ekayan". Vedashree and Shekhar(her husband) adopts Ansh and Kajal.
18 years later
Ansh and Kajal grow up along with their cousins Neha and Rishi in a city far away. Ansh discovers his superpowers, but is unaware that he is a "Daavansh" (the hybrid offspring of a Daayan and a human). He can be saved from turning to the dark side only by a girl who has the "Devi-Maa" Durga's symbol as her birthmark, and is referred to as the Daivik (divine conduit). Divya's daughter Piya Sharma has the symbol of the Devi-Maa behind her neck. Sparks fly between Ansh and Piya though they didn't see each other. Piya who is in search of her lost mother, comes across her father, Prof.Nishant Sharma, a Revavanshi and her sister, Saavi. Mohana sends a puppet Daayan, Ruby with a fake Durga symbol to marry Ansh, so that Mohana can return. Ansh and Vedashree come under Ruby's control during which Ruby and Ansh get married which releases Mohana from the charms and spells that imprisoned her she get's her powers back . It reveals that Mohana is elder sister of Vedeshree. Vedeshree renuites with Mohana and Ansh learns about his real mother. Naman, Piya's childhood friend and obsessive lover, attempts to marry Piya by taking advantage of his unwell mother, a visually challenged priestess, Guru Maa, (who raised Piya after Divya's disappearance), but Ansh stops the wedding. Fearing Ansh's budding romance with Piya, Mohana sends a message summoning an asura named "Bhaisasur" from "Paataal-Lohk" to scare Piya away. Bhaisasur becomes enraged at Mohana for cutting his daughter, Ruby's plait and attacks Ansh instead of Piya much to Mohana's horror. A distressed Piya invokes the Devi-Maa for help after which the former enters a tranced religious dance (Thaandav) and manifests her Daivik form complete with Durga's attire, multiple arms and astraas. Initially, the beast seemed invincible despite multiple strikes, but after Mohana tells the demon's achilles heel, she smites him dead with her trident. Everyone witness the battle and learn that Piya is the real Daivik. Mohana plots again to separate the family from Piya, she reveals to Piya that she has trapped her mother Divya in the form of a bird and threatens to kill Divya if Piya doesn't marry Naman, but Ansh interferes and stops the marriage. Later Ansh also learns about his Daavansh self and that Mohana and Vedashree are half sisters. A few days later, Naman gains the abilities of a daayan by wearing Ruby's cut-off plait and terrorises the Rathod family all night to get Mohana's plait, but Vedashree revitalises a temporarily weakened Mohana and saves the whole family.
The Rathods face new challenges after Saavi is hypnotised by Mohana, and releases Dilruba a chudel (evil spirit) to hatch a new conspiracy to separate Piya and Ansh. Dilruba makes a "Raakhchakra" (hex) to capture Piya and Ansh but Piya saves Ansh and finds herself trapped inside Dilruba's hex. With Mohana's help, Ansh fools Dilruba due to which her hex breaks, hence freeing Piya. Later Mohana agrees for Ansh and Piya's marriage and frees Divya, who is later revealed to be "Sarpika" (naagin) but Mohana kills Divya before which Divya outsmarts Mohana by transferring her serpentine powers to Piya. Ansh and Piya get married. Later Piya learns about Mohana's real motive of wanting to feed on Ansh on the day of "Rakt-Chandra Grahan" or (red Moon eclipse) to become immortal. The churel makes Piya falls into an indefinite sleep and enters "Trishanku-Lohk" (dimension between the living and the dead). With the Daivik gone, Ansh turns to the dark side and becomes an extremely powerful Daavansh who cares for no one but himself. However Piya returns with the help of a "Trinetra-mani" (a gem powered by Shiva's third eye), and brings Ansh back from the darkness. Finally, Piya exposes Mohana's bad intentions to Rathods after which Ansh expels Mohana from their flat. Later Piya and Ansh consummate their marriage. Enter Dola, Mohana's twin sister and Ruby's mother, a "Dukaayan" (two-headed daayan) who rules the "Swapna-Lohk" (dream world) unleashes horror. Ruby denies to help Dola and hence the latter enters the real world through a "sleep portal", she frightens the Rathods and threatens to kill Ansh. With Nishant's help, the Rathods attack Dola using "Makarketh" flowers on the muhurta of Makar Sankranti killing her in the process, however Dola is revived by Mohana. The sisters fool Piya into transferring her serpentine powers to Ansh. Believing that Piya is devoid of powers, the sisters take advantage of the opportunity and try to burn her alive using a special fuel called "Tharal-agni". Piya invokes Devi-Maa for help, who sends her vaahan to rescue Piya, She quickly assumes her daivik form to slay the daayans. Mohana and Dola are turned into stone statues however they are freed by Ruby to regain her powers. A "Sarp" (snake-man) hypnotises Ansh and steals his Sarpika powers. He disguises himself as Ansh and targets Piya's Trinetra-mani gem. Ansh and Piya combine their powers and defeat the Sarp. To Mohana's horror, She feeds on the serpent disguised as Ansh during the muhurta of "Red-moon eclipse" but having eaten a snake, Mohana becomes a "Sarpayan" possessing combined powers. Mayank, an "Asuraansh"(cambion child of an asura) enters the scene as a new neighbour of Raathods. He kidnaps girls born in the Rohinee (Nakshatra) looking for Garuda's birthmark on them, erases their memory and sets them free. Dola shows Mohana's horoscope which predicts that Ansh's child will put an end to her. The Rathods celebrate Piya's pregnancy. Ansh learns about Mohana's intentions to kill Piya and their unborn child.Realising the danger he poses, Ansh decides to separate from Piya till the baby is born. With heavy hearts, Ansh and Piya part ways for the sake of their baby.
6 months later
Piya gives birth to baby boy in an abandoned Shiva Temple. The Rathods and Nishant come to see the newborn and affectionately call him "Munna". Mohana tries to kill Munna several times, but in vain. Mohana creates a "Vetaal-Mritkee Chakra" a cursed zone, whoever dies inside it becomes a "Vetaal-Mritkee" (zombie). Mohana's unwittingly risks her life, the Mritkees attack and overpower her. A Military Officer, Rudra Pratap helps the Rathods including Mohana to escape, but himself becomes a zombie and infect many more people . After 6 months, Piya and Ansh are overwhelmed to see different superpowers of their son (Kiara Bhanushali). Mohana still did not give up in her mission of killing Munna. One day Piya, Ansh and Munna go to Bandap to meet Guru Maa, the metro station is besieged and overrun by Vetaal-Mritkees (zombies). Mohana tries to kill Munna, but he catches her plait and bangs her on the ground. However Piya worries about the danger awaiting Munna due to his powers. Nishant brings "Makshika Pari" (apsara) who takes away Munna's powers so that Munna remains safe. Later Rathod Family gets cursed by a "Yaksh-Van-Jeevi" because of her failure in killing Munna under Mohana's instructions. Mohana kidnaps Munna and pushes him off a cliff, but somehow Ansh saves Munna. He enters into Tandava to please Lord Shiva who frees the family from the curse. Since it is destined that Munna will kill Mohana, Piya places Munna infront of Mohana who uses this opportunity to kill him however Lord Nandi arrives and attacks Mohana weakening her and saving Munna.Ruby blackmails Makshika Pari in transferring Munna's powers to Mohana. Mohana who can now enter into a temple gets hold of Munna and feed on him but to Mohana' s horror, Munna regains his powers back and smites her dead with a trident. Later the family throws away Mohana's ashes in a river. Nishant, Naman and Saavi finds the girl with Rohini Nakshatra who happens to be Ansh's cousin, Taara Khanna and protects her. Naman learns about a different breed of Daayan called "Chalaayan", an invisible parasite-like evil entity who lives through their host. Raathod family finds an injured Ruby and helps her, leaving Ansh unhappy. Rathod family gets attacked by Chalaayan one by one. Ruby senses Danger in the house and signals Ansh about this, however Ansh does not believe her and expels her out of their flat. Ruby reveals herself to be a Chalaayan and stuns the family. Ruby secretly attaches Ekaayan's braid on Vedashree who becomes one soon.
Rathod's family celebrates Munna's naming ceremony and name him Aditya Rathod. Mayank manages to kidnap Taara, but due to his careless actions Taara dies, however, Munna and Piya bring her back to life with their divine powers. Vedashree starts growing Evil and getting fond of heavy jewellery and other things that a daayan appreciates. Meanwhile, Mayank blackmails Taara to Marry him or else he'll kill her family. Nishant, Saavi and Naman learns about Mayank's real motives, but before they could do anything, Mayank forcefully marries Taara with the help of his adoptive mother, Panna who is a Rakshasni (Horse). Piya grows suspicious about Vedashree's changed behaviour and eventually finds out that she has become a Daayan.Vedashree decides to take revenge and wants to convert Piya into a daayan and tricks her by apologizing, for what she did was under the influence of her powers. Though, Piya and Ansh realise Vedashree's true motives, She successfully converts Piya into a Daayan, but since Piya is a Daivik, the evil powers of a Daayan cannot overpower the divine powers within her. Vedashree is glad to see Piya's Daayan form. Soon Dilruba abducts Munna and tries to harm him. Vedashree saves Aadi unwillingly and later Vedashree, Ansh and Piya use their powers to convert Dilruba into a bat forever. When Piya succeed in convincing Vedashree about the kindness within her, She and Vedashree remove their Daayan plaits and throw them away in the same river, where Mohana's ashes were thrown before. Having received her plait back, Mohana acquires a mermaid's body and come back to avenge. She takes advantage of Mermaid's pearl and uses Adi to get her Daayan powers back. Piya takes a risky step and converts herself into a Mermaid to save Adi Piya is then attacked by a group of pirates who are revealed to be "Samudri Pishach ". Ansh finds Piya and lies to the group that he too is a Samudri Pishach, However the group realise that he is actually a daavansh. Piya and Ansh uses the trident to slay the Samudri Pishach. Mohana is threatened to be taken aback to " Kohra-Lohk" (The graveyard of all Evil powers) and realise that only a Daivik can save her. Mohana helps Piya regain her Human form and Daivik Powers back under the condition that Piya must help her in return. Kohra-Lohk sends a special messenger Rahul, to bring Mohana back. However Mohana demands Piya to kill Rahul. Unwillingly, Piya kills Rahul using her dagger, however Mohana stabs Rahul from behind without Piya's knowledge and thus Rahul gets killed. Shalaka, the Queen of Kohra-Lohk and Rahul's mother comes to take revenge on her son by acquiring the body of Neha's mother in law-to-be. The Rathod family hides Rahul's body from Shalaka, however she finds the corpse and realise Piya to be the murderer of her son. Shalaka poisons Rathod family including Mohana after which all of them falls weak. Shalaka takes revenge from Piya by kidnapping Adi who manages to escape easily. Meanwhile, with the help of Saavi, Naman and Sanam (a look alike of Dilruba, and Mayank's ex fiancée), she learns that Mayank was adopted and his mother's biological son is alive. Shalaka and Piya enter into a Fight, where Shalaka poisons and overpowers Piya . In a fit of rage, Ansh summons the " DaayanChakra" around Shalaka . Having realised that Piya is innocent, Shalaka gives the Kohrayan dagger (which has the power to push a person back to his/her past life ) to Ansh in order to save Piya and his family. With heavy heart, Ansh stabs his family one by one and finally stabs himself before which he turns Adi into a stone statue and takes Piya's Earring along with him. Mohana smartly stabs herself with the dagger by which everyone goes back to past.
2 years before
The show rewinds to the time where Ruby and Ansh are getting married, Mohana is inside the temple where she was imprisoned by Divya, and Piya is in search of her mother. The family believes that Ruby is the Daivik however, Ansh touches Piya's earring and remembers everything. It is proven that Ruby is a Daayan and the marriage is cancelled. The Rathod's remember everything too after touching the earring, and Ansh and Nishant goes in search of Piya. Mohana breaks the spells captivating her using the Kohrayan dagger and tries to harm Piya. Dilruba tricks Nishant in disguise of Piya . However Gurumaa finds the real Piya and requests her to marry Naman and go away from Bandap forever. During the marriage rituals, Ansh comes there and makes Piya remember everything using the earring, and they both reconcile. Angry at the failure, Mohana kidnaps Adi and reaches a waterfall which falls in the reverse direction. Under the bridge of the waterfall is the Pravesh Dwar with which everyone can return to the present time. Piya and Ansh finds Adi, jump through it, and return to the present.
2 years later
The Rathod Family reach back to the present and are elated to see everyone fine. However Mohana is up with her tricks again. Naman, Saavi and Sanam tries to find Mayank's family, who goes missing. It is later revealed that Ansh has a twin brother, Karan (Harsh Rajput) who is handicapped and also possess some superpowers. He has an intense hatred for Vedashree for having kept him away from his family, unaware that Vedashree didn't know he was alive. Karan, who is manipulated by Mohana that its Divya who made his wife, Maansi and their child, Krish into stone statues, came back to take revenge from Divya's family. Naman marries Sanam unaware that she has turned into a Chudail (since Dilruba bites her). Elsewhere Karan pretends to be Ansh infront of Nishant and learns that Piya and Adi have to sacrifice their lives to save Maansi and Krish. Karan convinces the family to help him save his wife and child without revealing that Piya and Adi will turn to stone, while Piya was suspicious about Karan since she knew that Divya can never attack innocent ones. Nishant on learning Karan's motives, indicates Ansh about the same, however Ansh could not save Piya and Adi. Karan and Ansh fights against each other, Karan reveals his Magical Wings and attacks Ansh, who falls unconscious. Meanwhile, Vedashree uses her blood relation with Mohana as a tool to stop Mohana from achieving her goals.Maansi and Krish are freed from their stone form but It is revealed that Maansi is a Daayan and a puppet of Mohana. Mohana had sent Maansi to obtain Karan's Magical wings. Mohana tells Karan about his birth where Karan was handicapped and she threw him into Paatal-Kethki, however this become a boon for Karan of Paatal-Ketki resistance. Soon, Ansh and Karan team up and attack Mohana and Maansi. Karan takes a tough decision to turn Maansi, Krish and himself into stone in order to save Piya and Adi, leaving Ansh heartbroken, but before leaving, Karan transfers his Magical wings to Ansh. Elsewhere Saavi and Guru Maa try to reveal Sanam's truth to Naman but in vain. Naman however realises that he married a Chudail and accepts her too. After a few days, Piya and Ansh sends Adi in a daycare. The daycare staff plans to take children on a picnic, Mohana uses this as an opportunity to take Adi and throws him off a Cliff, Ansh jumps to save Adi. An enraged Piya fights Mohana, however Ansh gains Karan's Magical wings when he jumps and saves Adi. Mohana uses the blood relation Vedashree made with her as an opportunity to scare Rathods and hence stay in that house. Meanwhile, Ansh is unhappy for not being able to do anything for Karan. Mohana uses the blood bond between her and vedashree due to which Vedashree become Mohana's puppet.
The family celebrate Adi's First birthday. Under Mohana's influence, Vedashree tries to kill Adi, which is witnessed by Piya. However Piya fails to prove this infront of Ansh every time, while Vedashree manipulates Ansh into believing that Piya has changed a lot and wants to stay away from a joint family. Vedashree in Mohana's influence, tries to burn the house, however Piya stops her, but accidentally throws Vedashree off the Terrace. Piya tries to save her but in vain. Vedashree is hospitalised while Mohana transfers Vedashree's life into a "Praan-Pyala" and threatens Piya to leave the Rathod Family forever by breaking Ansh's heart or else she will kill Vedashree. With heavy Heart, Piya talks rudely to everyone in the family and later leaves the House without Adi. Nishant and Saavi follows Mohana and finds that the Praan-Pyala is hidden in a Daayan-Island which floats in Air. Mohana demands Piya to leave the city who agrees to it with a condition that she needs her son along with her. Mohana accepts it and helps her in getting Adi but intentionally leaves Piya's earring in Ansh's room to mislead him. An enraged Ansh goes to Nishant's office to get Adi back, However he learns that Piya is innocent. He follows Piya and says her that he knows the truth. Emotionally Ansh kills Piya upon her demand and transfers Piya's life into a Praan-Pyala and later tricks Mohana into giving the Praan-Pyala. Ansh gives Piya's life back but Mohana flees from there with Vedashree's Praan-pyala. Piya gives a part of her life to Vedashree hence saving her, but starts losing her strength whenever she uses her powers. Meanwhile, Sanam realises that a special gem called " Trikon Mani " of her Treasure is stolen by Panna. Nishant decides to save Piya and hence asks help from his sister-Trishila, a Revavanshi, who has the power to give life back to anyone. Trishila accompanies them to Rathod house making Piya extremely happy. Trishila promises the family to save Piya, and succeeds, while Ansh is suspicious about Trishila's intentions. The Rathod family thanks Trishila. Meanwhile, Ansh finds out that Trishila is here for some other purpose and eventually finds out that she has come back to bring Piya's mother, Divya back to life.
Piya gets overwhelmed on seeing Divya. Trishila gives Divya a task to do and leaves the house. Later, Divya creates a sword names Pralay-Talvar with the help of constellations and then the sword gets captured in a socket. Divya and Mohana hears the voice of a bodyless being which reveals that Once the Pralay-Talvar gets released from the socket, the Pralay-Yuddh/ War between Revavanshis representing Divya (good Powers ) and Kali-Shaktis representing Mohana (Evil powers) begins. The one whose blood flows first will get defeated and the entire clan of theirs will get destroyed. Both Divya and Mohana try to remove it from the socket but fails. Later the Rathods get to know about the War and tries to stop it at any cost. However Aadi removes the Sword from the socket in spite of Piya & Ansh's efforts in stopping the war. Ansh and Piya tries to destroy the sword but in vain. Cleverly, Divya tricks Rathods to start the war. Later Divya, sacrifices her life by stabbing herself with the Sword to save a Poisoned Ansh and also to kick start the Pralay-Yuddh. The Pralay Yuddh starts with all the supernatural evil entities at one side and all the Revavanshis, Rathods and Ansh on the other side. However Mohana cheats in the War with the help of Trikon Mani to win. But Trikon Mani enters into Piya who later transform into MahaKali Avtaar and kills every Evil powers and owes to destroy everyone. Mohana flees from the spot and hence saves herself, Dilruba hurts herself and fall unconscious while saving Naman, all other evil entities gets burned to Death. After Piya comes into senses, she realises Divya's worth and that Divya did her duty as a True Revavanshi and was always right who did all these for the benefit of the coming generation. Later with Heavy heart, Piya burns Divya's pyre. Piya & Ansh sacrifices their power to stay away from evil powers and live a normal life and also ties Adi powers into a Bangle. However, Piya is still able to use her powers leaving Ansh unhappy since she harms Adi by mistake. Ansh believes that Piya did not sacrifice her powers purposefully since she loves her powers more. Piya gets tired of justifying herself and Ansh's accustions, and hence leaves the house. Piya realizes that she is pregnant again, and that her powers are those of her unborn child. Piya goes to confess this to Ansh, but he doesn't give Piya a chance to speak. Later a heartbroken Piya leaves for Bandap.
6 years later
Ansh and Piya live separately with Adi (Diaan Talaviya) and Pari (Kisha Arora). Pari possesses Daayan powers . Mohana conjures a monster called Bhasmika (Sana Amin Sheikh) who has the powers of Ekaayan, Davansh, Daivik and all the evil entities . Mohana names the monster Urvashi, who enters the Rathod household to marry Ansh and bear his child. Adi sees through the true form of Urvashi but he gets bullied instead. Piya brings Pari to Mumbai for her studies, and Adi and Pari become friends at school. Once they realise they are siblings, both try to make their parents reconcile. Urvashi plans constantly to kill Adi, as he is major hindrance between her and Ansh. During, Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, Urvashi, in an attempt to kidnap Adi, kidnaps Pari by mistake. Piya returns to the Rathod household after six years and demands the release of her daughter from Mohana. The Rathod family gets to know of Pari's parentage. Rathods captivates Mohana in the same temple at Bandap, where Divya captivated her before. Adi reveals the true form of Urvashi, and gets himself kidnapped and confined in an isolated island along with Pari. With powers restored during the festive occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, both Ansh and Piya with the help of their children fight Urvashi eventually destroying her, and return to the Rathod house with the children.
The Rathod family wishes Ansh and Piya to reunite, but Piya is reluctant due to the distrust of Ansh, separation from Adi for six years, and abandonment during her pregnancy. In the meantime, the ghost of Bhasmika rises from the ashes and possesses the body of Piya to get intimate with Ansh, However Ansh realises this. So Bhasmika forcibly kisses Ansh hence obtaining a magical Pearl. Bhasmika leaves the body of Piya but not before stabbing it with the daivik dagger. Ansh is heartbroken. Piya's soul ascends to Namah Lohk where Shiva and Narayan invite her to ascend to heaven but her soul is reluctant as it wants to return for Ansh and her children. Ansh sacrifices his life, reaches Namah Lok where his love is tested by the Gods, and is successful in bringing Piya's soul back. Ansh and Piya reunite and the family celebrates with the occasion of Pari's and Vedashree's birthday which falls on the same day.
Mohana returns to her daayan form after sucking all the life force out of Bhasmika hence possessing Bhasmika powers too. Nishant, Naman, and Saavi realise the pearl has grown into an egg. Pari comes under the spell of Mohana and helps her come out of captivity using the evil powers of the egg. Mohana whisks off the egg to its right place to hatch. Out of the egg comes the first Ekayaan of the world, known as Prathmayan/ Prathima (Salina Prakash ), who is also the birth mother of Vedashree, Mohana and Dola. She is the source of all evil entities in the world. Her major motive is to turn her younger daughter Vedashree into an Ekaayan instead of her elder daughter Mohana, as the latter's shrewd and extremely cunning nature pose a danger for her. To achieve her motive, she wants to defeat the good represented by Goddess Durga with the evil on the festive occasion of Dussehra. Soon, Pratima, Mohana and Pari start forming an evil army of human beings with the help of Prathmayan mantra, Naman too comes under the Prathmayan's spell. Nishant prepares a potion which would stop them from coming under the spell of prathmayan mantra. The Rathods are saved from the mantra, but Prathmayan, Mohana and Pari reach their house with their army for their attack. Meanwhile, Naman and Pari came out of the spell and join their family to fight Prathimaayan. Piya uses divine energy to invoke Goddess Durga's blessings and powers with the help of which she kills Prathmayan using Rama Setu arrow.
After Prathmayan's departure, Piya is unable to fix her daivik dagger. She immerses it in water where the dagger is refixed by another Daivik Dev (Stavan Shinde). Dev reaches the Rathod House during the anniversary celebrations of Ansh and Piya in disguise of Ruchi(Piya's cousin)'s fiancé. Dev's intentions are to win Piya at any cost. Hence, he implants a Daivik raksha dravya on Piya's body to prohibit intimacy between Ansh and Piya. On the day of Karva Chauth Dev attacks Ansh leaving him in dying condition. He uses this opportunity to manipulate all the family members to make him marry Piya in order to save Ansh. Eventually, he succeeds to abduct Piya and focefully tie his Kalasutra around her neck so that she comes under his control. However, Piya outsmarts him and attacks, therefore making him a statue of ice. Ansh and Piya return home safely with their children on Diwali, so does Mohana get an opportuity to re-enter the Rathod's house as a return of her favours for helping Ansh and saving Piya.
During Diwali celebrations, Chaitali goes to the new neighbour's house to greet them. She is shocked to realise the truth that the new neighbour is in fact Vedashree's twin sister and a daayan, Kalashree (Ritu Chaudhary Seth). Her motive is to unite with Vedashree and become a daayanjod i.e. a Mahadaayan. Mohana constantly tries to warn the Rathods regarding the presence of a daayan in the neighbourhood, but her warnings are unheard and she is also captivated into a patal ketki dome. Since Vedashree would never agree to Kalashree's demands, the latter targets the whole Rathod family and starts locking them into the daayanmirror. Soon, all family members except for Adi and Pari are locked inside the daayan mirror and Vedashree comes to realise the truth of her twin sister. Prof.Nishant comes to save the Rathods and gets the daayandiamond from Mohana. While Adi and Pari join hands with Mohana to save their family from the daayanmirror. Their efforts bear fruit and the family members come out of the daayanmirror, but, unfortunately, Vedashree, who had agreed to Kalashree's demands in her helplessness turns into ash. Mohana cautions the Rathod family about the upcoming hazards of the ash, demanding them to dispose of the ash. However, the Rathods disagree to that, keeping hopes of bringing back Vedashree to life. On the other hand, Naman after becoming a chudail is facing a lot of trouble to continue as a Reevavanshi. Saavi gives him the task to capture an evil power, in return of continuing as a Reevavanshi. Dilruba misunderstands the disturbed state of Naman, resulting in her thinking that Naman is in love with Saavi.
Prof. Nishant discovers that Kalashree needs the behest of Prathmaayan to become Mahadaayan, which is sent to her through the latter's hair which fixed to a doll reaches the Rathod's household. However, Piya with the help of Mohana stops the eventual creation of Mahadaayan. Later, Mohana also helps the Rathods to revive Vedashree.
In return, Mohana demands the Rathods to support her in her alliance with Angad (Malhar Pandya), unaware of his true identity. Angad is Singha (a creature who is the sworn enemy of supernatural entities). However, Mohana's happiness is short-lived when Ansh kills Angad on the day of her wedding to protect his family. Mohana is traumatized after Angad's loss which makes her return to the path of evil, while swearing to take revenge from Ansh.
Soon, Mohana forgets all that she had promised herself when she had been in love, as her heart fills with hatred and turns vengeful. Ansh submits himself in front of Mohana so that his family is protected from Mohana's vengence. While, Mohana outsmarts him and takes out Pari's life-force into a Praan-Pyaala and mixes her blood also as the first part of her revenge. Then Mohana killed the members of sarp Rani family which lead sarp Rani against Mohana . Dilruba outsmarts Mohana and she managed to backfire her plan but destiny changes as Mohana pushes Dilruba From Daayan's Island. Ansh and piya brings pari from death
Sarp Rani cut off Mohana's plait and capture her into the temple but Mohana lives inside
- Antara Biswas as Mohana Rathod, a 250-year-old and most powerful Daayan referred to as Ekaayan who feeds on peoples' vitality to stay young, Ansh, Karan and Kaajal's biological mother, Mridul's wife, Dola's twin-sister and Vedashree's half-sister. After obtaining the powers of Sarpika she became a Sarpaayan. She was first killed by Munna aka Adi. After putting Mohana's ashes in a river, the Rathods had put her braid in the same river due to which Mohana acquired Mermaid's body and came back to avenge. She is extremely powerful and cunning; she is dedicated to ruining the peace in the Rathod House.
- Harsh Rajput as Ansh Rathod/Karan Rathod, he is a Daavansh (the hybrid offspring of a daayan and a human) with superpowers. Vedashree and Shekhar's adoptive son, Mohana and Mridul's biological son. Piya's husband, Kajal and Karan's brother, Aditya and Pari's father, Rishi and Neha's cousin brother. He also plays Karan who is Ansh's disabled twin-brother.
- Niyati Fatnani as Piya Ansh Rathod (née Sharma), Nishant and Divya's daughter, Saavi's elder sister. Ansh's wife, Aditya and Pari's mother. The Daivik (divine conduit) who has a Goddess Durga's birthmark, She is blessed by Goddess Durga with powers to put an end to evil entities. For some time she became a Sarpika (as Divya gave her the magical Sarpika ring) but she gives this Sarpika ring to Ansh and regains her Daivik powers. Later she turns into a Daayan to save Vedashree and succeeds. She had also become a Jalpari to save her son Aditya, but she returns to her human Daivik form with the help of Mohana.
- Kiara Bhanushali / Diaan Talaviya as Aditya Rathod, Ansh and Piya's first child, a gifted Hybrid boy with the superpowers of Daavansh & Daivik (divine conduit) from Lord Shiva; thus as a baby he attacked Mohana riding on Nandi ; He has the powers to produce fire and wind, climb on vertical walls and objects, become bigger and smaller in size, fly, go in through solid objects ; possesses certain strength over greater powers (he could pull the plait of Mohana) and also healing powers (he healed Ansh and Tara from a deadly state as a baby); he turns to stone when a negative, evil energy is too close to him.
- Kisha Arora as Pari Rathod, Ansh and Piya's second child, a gifted Hybrid girl born with the superpowers of Daayan; she has all the superhumanpowers of a living being from Daayanvash; thus she has a powerful plait, inverted feet and can climb over any vertical surface, jump from one place to another within seconds and suck human energy from their bodies.
- Ritu Chaudhary Seth as Vedashree Rathod/Kalashree, Ansh and Kajal's adoptive mother, Shekhar's wife. Mohana's and Dola's half sister. She becomes Ekaayan after Ruby placed Mohana's braid onto her head, however she is freed from this form with Piya's help. Kalashree is Vedashree's twin sister and Mohana's younger sister who was helping Dev in his mission. Kalashree wanted to become one with Vedashree to become the all powerful Mahadaayan.
- Sumit Kaul as Prof. Nishant Sharma, Piya and Saavi's father, Divya's husband and a Reevaavanshi (monster-hunter).
- Amit Kaushik as Shekhar Rathod, Vedashree's husband, Ansh and Kajal's adoptive father, Mridul & Avinash's brother.
- Ashita Dhawan as Chaitali Rathod, Avinash's wife, Rishi and Neha's mother and Ansh and Kajal's aunt.
- Kapil Soni as ACP Avinash Rathod, Chaitali's husband, Rishi and Neha's father, Ansh and Kajal's uncle, Shekhar and Mridul's brother.
- Jatin Bhardwaj as Rishi Rathod, Avinash and Chaitali's son, Neha's brother, Ansh and Kajal's cousin.
- Resham P S as Neha Rathod, Avinash and Chaitali's daughter, Rishi's sister, Ansh and Kajal's cousin.
- Pallavi Gupta as Kajal Rathod, Ansh's sister, Vedashree and Shekhar's adopted daughter, Mohana and Mridul's biological daughter.
- Sreejita De as Dilruba/Sanam, a powerful and foolish chudail. Mohana's rival. She fell in love with Ansh. She often returns at random times to the Rathods to make their lives difficult. She also plays Sanam, Mayank's ex-fiancée and Naman's wife.
- Aamir S Khan as Naman, Guru Maa's son and Piya's former obsessive lover. He became a Daayan-human hybrid called Ladka Daayan using Ruby's cut-off plait. Then, Naman becomes a dusarpa (two-headed snake) after a snake mistakenly bites him. Later, Ruby takes over his body to complete her revenge against Mohana. Finally after becoming a human once again, he joins with Nishant and Saavi to become a Reevavanshi. He is at present Sanam's husband, after the marriage he comes to know that sanam has become the chudail Dilruba, when being bitten by a bat, so he is a chudail's husband too. While trying to save Dilruba from Saavi's attack, he sacrifices his life, so in order to revive his life, Dilruba's mother places a chudail kada around his neck, which makes him a chudail.
- Amardeep Jha as Guru Maa, a visually challenged priestess who raised Piya after Divya's disappearance, Naman's mother.
- Simran Budharup as Saavi Sharma, Divya and Nishant's daughter, Piya's younger sister, a Reevaavanshi.
- Malhar Pandya as Angad, a singha who is also a serial killer of negative energies; Mohana's love interest - Killed by Ansh to save Mohana.
- Stavan Shinde as Dev, an evil Daivik who join forces with the evil powers to become the supreme power of the world. He tries to separate Piya from Ansh and marry her so that the two can join forces and become extremely powerful, he was also Mahadaayan's aid but eventually attacked and made statue of ice by Piya.
- Salina Prakash as Prathimaayan/Prathima, the most powerful and first Ekaayan, referred to as Upaayan. She was the creator of all the evil and negative energies. She is Mohana,Vedashree and Dola's mother - Killed by Piya using Rama Setu arrow on dusshera.
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Urvashi/Bhasmika, a powerful creature created by Mohana by using the powers of Davansh, Daivik, Ekaayan and ashes of black powers who died in Pralay- Yudh -- killed by Piya, Ansh, Adi and Pari with the help of Lord Ganesh but her ghost takes over Piya's body and gets intimate with Ansh to bring back Prathimaayan into this world.
- Sonyaa Ayodhya as Ruby, Ansh's first wife, who died to save Ansh. She returns when her ashes enter Naman's body who later transformed as Chalaayan -a Parasite Daayan - killed by Piya in "Parchai Lok" in order to save Munna with the help of her Daivik powers.
- Sumit Bhardwaj as Mayank, an Asuransh who is a Rakshasa from Garuda Vansh. He is described as more powerful than any other supernatural being. Panna's adoptive son, Tamra and Neelam's adoptive brother and Tara's husband.
- Jigyasa Singh as Tara Khanna, Ansh's cousin, Jaya's daughter and Koyal's sister and the girl with the Rakshaskeel, whom Mayank searches for. Mayank's wife.
- Garima Vikrant Singh as Panna, the Rathod's neighbor, Tamra and Neelam's mother, and Mayank's adoptive mother.
- Smita Bansal as Divya Sharma, Prof Nishant's wife, Piya and Saavi's mother, She was a Sarpika (naagin), she later transferred her powers to Piya to continue the Sarpika legacy. She was also Mohana's best friend turned enemy after her son was killed by Mohana. She was then revived by Nishant's sister Trishila, however she sacrificed her life during Pralay-Yudh to save Ansh.
- Isha Sharma as Trishila, Nishant's sister, Piya and Saavi's bua (paternal aunt).
- Sabina Jat as Tamra, Saavi's college friend, Panna's daughter and Neelam's sister.
- Shalini Arora as Jaya Khanna, Shekhar and Mridul's younger sister and Avinash's elder sister. She is Ansh, Kajal, Neha and Rishi's bua (paternal aunt).
- Gouri Agarwal as Koyal Khanna, Jaya's daughter, and Tara's sister.
- Narayani Shastri as Devika, a woman who helps Ansh and Piya on the metro when traveling to see Guru Maa.
- Vishnu Sharma as Panditji, Rathod family's priest, an acquaintance of Nishant and Guru Maa.
- Kushagre Dua as the Sarp who steals Sarpika powers from Ansh and attempts to attain the power of the Trinetra-mani from Piya.
- Ritu Shivpuri as Shalaka, Shardul's mother and Kohre ki Rani (Queen of Fog).
- Kingkini Bhattacharya as Mansi, Karan's wife and a Daayan.
- Moni Rai as the victim of Mohana in the first episode.
- Ankur Nayyar as Mridul Rathod, Mohana's husband who is killed by her, Shekhar's younger brother and Avinash's elder brother, Ansh, Karan and Kaajal's biological father.
- Priya Malik as Dola, the dukaayan (two-headed daayan), Ruby's mother, Mohana's enemy and twin-sister, Vedashree's half-sister.
- Sikander Kharbanda as Rudra Pratap, a military officer who protects the Rathods from the Vetaal-Mritkees (zombies).
Nazar airs on Star Maa under the title Ave Kallu, dubbed in Telugu. It also airs in Tamil on Star Vijay as Adhe Kangal in India and Malaysia. The series has been remade in Bengali as Nojor, aired on Star Jalsha.
- List of Hindi supernatural shows
- Shweta Keshri (30 July 2018). "Nazar to Hum: 2 new shows are all set to hit your screens today". India Today. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Monalisa to play a DAAYAN in Star Plus' upcoming show Nazar". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Harsh Rajput to play lead; Smita Bansal in 4 Lions' Nazar for Star Plus". IWMBuzz. 2 May 2018. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Rajesh, Author: Srividya (3 May 2018). "Niyati Fatnani to play female lead in Star Plus' Nazar". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Chakravartin Ashok Samrat actor Sumit Kaul back on TV with supernatural show Nazar". The Times of India. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Monalisa turns choreographer for 'Nazar'". The Times of India. 15 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Maheshwri, Neha (1 August 2018). "Amardeep Jha joins the cast of 'Nazar'". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Ankur Nayyar joins cast of 'Nazar'". The Times of India. 12 July 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Nazar's Telugu dubbed version 'Ave Kallu' to premiere soon". Times of India.
- "New serial Adhe Kangal to premiere soon". Times of India.
- "Monalisa's daayan show Nazar rakes in ratings; Naagin continues to rule the roost". India Today.
- "Get ready to watch the merger episode of serial Divya Drishti and Nazar".