National Intellectual Property Administration
The National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA; Chinese: 国家知识产权局), also known as the Chinese Patent Office, is the patent office of the People's Republic of China (PRC). It was founded in 1980, as the Patent Office of the People's Republic of China, before changing its name to "State Intellectual Property Office" (SIPO), and then to "National Intellectual Property Administration". It is responsible "for patent work and comprehensively coordination of the foreign related affairs in the field of intellectual property".
- http://www.sipo.gov.cn, History, 2002-03-05. Consulted on April 26, 2007.
- http://www.sipo.gov.cn, Responsibilities of the State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China (SIPO), 2002-04-27. Consulted on April 26, 2007.
- (in Chinese) Official website
- (in English) Official website
- English search functions on the Experimental Platform of Patent Information Services (official search service on Chinese patents)
- Information about patent law in China on the European Patent Office web site