Nathaniel Warren Seth "Nat" Motte (born January 13, 1984) is an American recording artist, record producer and film composer from Boulder, Colorado. He is a member of the electropop duo 3OH!3 with Sean Foreman.
Motte performing in 2008
|Birth name||Nathaniel Warren Seth Motte|
|Born||January 13, 1984|
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
|Origin||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, film composer|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, drums|
Life and career
Motta was born to a French mother and an American father, Dr. Warren Motta, distinguished professor of French Literature at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He has one brother.
Motte attended Foothills Elementary, Casey Middle School, Boulder High School, and the University of Colorado at Boulder. In 2006 he graduated with a degree in environmental, population, & organismic biology. The following year Motte was accepted to medical school at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
Motta took piano lessons at a young age, and began to play guitar at home with his brother and father. He began to DJ at age 18, playing in local bars and clubs in Boulder. He began producing music shortly thereafter, using programs like Acid and Reason to make songs at home while he was attending the University of Colorado. He now uses primarily Logic Pro as his production program, although he continues to work in other programs.
Motta co-writes and produces all of 3OH!3’s music, employing both analog technologies and virtual production tools. He musically directs 3OH!3’s live show. He has written and produced songs for Shape Shifters and Jeffree Star. He co-produced and co-wrote the song "Hey" for Lil Jon in 2009. He released a collaborative album The Child Star with Awol One on Fake Four Inc. in 2011. He co-wrote and co-produced the song "Love Somebody" for Maroon 5 in 2012.
In 2014, Motta produced a song for iSH called "Renegades." He was also a writer/producer for DCF aka Prince Caspian's singles "Jealous" and "Twenty Something" from the album "Pop Songs."
On July 11, 2016, Motta announced on Instagram that he had proposed to his longtime girlfriend, TV host Lizzo, on July 7, 2016. A year later on July 7, 2017, they got married on Flagstaff Mountain in Boulder, Colorado.
Awol One & Nathaniel Motte
- The Child Star (2011)
As a songwriter and producer
|2009||"Bitch, Please!"||Jeffree Star||Beauty Killer||Writer, producer|
|"God Hates Your Outfit"|
|2010||"Hey"||Lil Jon||Crunk Rock||Writer|
|2012||"Dancing to the Same Song"||Elen Levon||"Non-single album"|
|"Love Somebody"||Maroon 5||Overexposed|
|2013||"Tattooed Heart"||Ariana Grande||Yours Truly||Co-producer|
|"Young, Rich and Dangerous"||Shape Shifters||Collaboration Mixtape 2|
|2014||"Renegades"||Ish||Up & Up|
|2015||"Hurricane"||Blues Traveler||Blow Up the Moon||Writer, producer|
|2016||"Feline"||Delta Goodrem||Wings of the Wild|
|"Lights Down Low"||MAX||Lights Down Low EP|
|"Should I Move"||The Lonely Island||Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping|
|2007||Uberts||Short Movie||Film Composer|
|2014||The Crew||Video Game||Additional Music Producer|
- "Nathaniel Motte - Credits". Allmusic.
- "About 3OH!3 - History, Biography, Best Songs and Facts".
- "Nathaniel Motte interview". Archived from the original on 2013-02-22.
- Frieders, Joel. "Awol One & Nathaniel Motta The Child Star - Album Review". SYFFAL. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08.
- Dope, Canadian (2014-05-09). "iSH - Renegades (Music Video)". Canadiandope.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- "Jealous/Happy Child". YouTube.
- "Twenty Something". Vimeo.
- "Pop Songs (the album)". Soundcloud.
- "3OH!3's New Album Night Sports Puts the Ball Back in their Court - Athletes". ESPN. 2016-05-13. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- "Instagram post by Nathaniel Motta • Jul 11, 2016 at 9:58pm UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "We've Got All the Details About Lizzo's Wedding". Flare. 2017-05-09. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- Total length : 00:33:38. "Hell's Kitchen Angel | Max – Download and listen to the album". Qobuz.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.