Nanjing railway station
Nanjing railway station (Chinese: 南京站; pinyin: Nánjīng Zhàn) is a major railway station of Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province. It is located in the northern part of Nanjing's urban core (just a short walk from the city wall), near Xuanwu Lake.
Nanjing railway station
|Location||Longpan Lu, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, Jiangsu|
|Operated by||Shanghai Railway Bureau,|
China Railway Corporation
|Classification||1st class station|
Until 2010, this was the main railway station of Nanjing, with the great majority of all trains serving Nanjing using this station. Only a small number of trains, going to the destinations to the southwest of Nanjing, pass through the (old) Nanjing South railway station, which is located south of Nanjing's walled city; service to Nanjing West railway station has been suspended.
After the opening of new Nanjing South railway station in the southern part of greater Nanjing in mid-2010, many of the high-speed trains serving Nanjing have been re-routed to that new station. However, Nanjing station has frequent high-speed service to Shanghai and Shanghai Hongqiao, some services also stopping at Zhenjiang, Changzhou and Suzhou. Some overnight D trains continue on north towards Beijing South railway station, Tianjin West railway station, or Xi'an North railway station.
The station opened in September 1968, shortly before the opening of the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge. The connection with Line 1 of the Nanjing Metro began operations on 3 September 2005 as part of the line's Phase I from Maigaoqiao to Andemen. The interchange with Nanjing Metro Line 3 opened on 1 April 2015 with the opening of that line.
- "Nanjing Guide - Things to do in Nanjing - eChinacities.com". echinacities.com. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- 南京火车站/介绍 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 30 May 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- 大事记. Nanjing Metro. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- 南京地铁二号线载人模拟运营 [Nanjing Metro Line 2 Undergoes Trial Runs]. Yantse Evening News (in Chinese). 23 May 2010. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Nanjing metro Line 3 opens". Railway Gazette International. 2 April 2015. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- 南京地铁国庆前一天客流299.62万乘次创历史新高. Yangtse Evening News (in Chinese). 1 October 2016. Archived from the original on 3 February 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2016.