Nancy Smith (born 17 October 1969 in Dumfries as Nancy Murdoch) is a Scottish curling coach from Stewarton, Scotland. Murdoch is a former Scottish champion and former world championship semi finalist. Murdoch is now retired from competing herself and now coaches.
Nancy Murdoch started to compete in curling at the age of 12. When interviewed for the Scottish Institute of Sport website she said that in her pre-coaching career, "Highlight was winning Scottish title in 2001. Low point was losing out in Semi final at World Championships to deny qualifying for the Olympics in Salt Lake City."
As a National Coach, her teams have won Double World Junior Ladies Champions 2007 and 2008, European Youth Olympics' Gold medal in 2005, a World University Games' Silver Medal in 2007 and 3 World Junior Bronze medals.
She has been heavily involved with the performance level of the sport for over a decade as an Area Institute and Scottish Institute athlete, a team coach and National Coach. Throughout this time she has been at 23 Major International Championships.
- Page 13, "Eye opener" 26 March 2010
- 2018 Ford World Women's Curling Championship Media Guide
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2014-02-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Nancy Murdoch on the World Curling Federation database
- Nancy Murdoch on the World Curling Tour database
- Nancy Murdoch on the CurlingZone database
- Nancy McIvor Murdoch - Genealogy | Geni