Nancy Birtwhistle (born circa 1954 in Hull) is a British baker who won the fifth series of The Great British Bake Off. Birtwhistle, a grandmother of eight, had applied in 2013 as well but was unsuccessful. She now contributes to national papers such as The Daily Telegraph, has her own website, and gives baking demonstrations across the UK.
She lives in Barton-upon-Humber with her husband, Tim. Before taking baking up seriously, Birtwhistle was a Practice Manager at a GP surgery.
- "Nancy Birtwhistle".
- Ellis-Petersen, Hannah (4 August 2015). "Great British Bake Off's past winners – where are they now?" – via The Guardian.
- "Nancy Birtwhistle: How to win Great British Bake Off".
- "Bake Off previous winners: where are they now?". The Telegraph. 1 August 2016. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Rise of a star baker leaves Nancy in demand". Yorkshire Post.
- Mikhailova, Anna (29 October 2017). "Nancy Birtwhistle: Bake Off has really helped my dough rise". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 23 August 2018.