It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Satakunta region. The municipality has a population of 5,432 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 184.88 square kilometres (71.38 sq mi) of which 1.97 km2 (0.76 sq mi) is water. The population density is 29.7 inhabitants per square kilometre (77/sq mi). There are two major sights in Nakkila, the church and the film studio Villilä, often referred as "Hollywood of Finland".
Kauppatie, the main street of Nakkila's centre in December 2014.
Coat of arms
Location of Nakkila in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°22′N 022°00′E|
|• Municipal manager||Nina-Mari Turpela|
|• Total||184.88 km2 (71.38 sq mi)|
|• Land||182.91 km2 (70.62 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.97 km2 (0.76 sq mi)|
|Area rank||268th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||160th largest in Finland|
|• Density||29.7/km2 (77/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.5%|
|• 15 to 64||62.4%|
|• 65 or older||20.1%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish. The name Nackeby was earlier used in Swedish.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Nakkila:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Municipality of Nakkila – Official website (in Finnish)