Naked Came the Stranger (film)
|Naked Came the Stranger|
Original film DVD cover
|Directed by||Radley Metzger|
(as "Henry Paris")
|Produced by||Ava Leighton|
(as "L. Sultana"
|Written by||Radley Metzger|
(as "Jake Barnes")
Darby Lloyd Rains
|Music by||George Craig|
|Edited by||Doris Toumarkine (as "Doris Barrow")|
|Distributed by||VCA Pictures (USA)|
Catalyst Productions (II)
|May 21, 1975 (USA)|
Gilly, a radio host, is determined to enjoy herself with friends and acquaintances as much as her playful husband Billy. Gilly enjoys herself in several locations around New York City, including at an elaborate dress ball, an old-fashioned ballroom and on the top floor of a double-decker bus while it drives around the city.
- Alan Marlow as Marvin Goodman
- Darby Lloyd Rains as Gilly
- David Savage as a Waiter
- Helen Madigan as an Actress
- Kevin Andre as Party Guy
- Levi Richards as Billy
- Mary Stuart as Phyllis
- Rita Davis as a Waitress
The film Naked Came the Stranger was based on the 1969 hoax book of the same name and released during the Golden Age of Porn (inaugurated by the 1969 release of Andy Warhol's Blue Movie) in the United States, at a time of "porno chic", in which adult erotic films were just beginning to be widely released, publicly discussed by celebrities (like Johnny Carson and Bob Hope) and taken seriously by film critics (like Roger Ebert).
In 2011, DistribPix released a complete remastering of the film, with the full cooperation of the director. The result had a limited exhibition in theaters, but the main outcome of the project was the first-ever official remastered DVD version. A listing of the music on the film soundtrack was released earlier.
- Staff (April 5, 2017). "'Naked Came the Stranger' (1975): The Hoax, The Film". The Rialto Report. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris". Playboy. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Bentley, Toni (June 2014). "The Legend of Henry Paris" (PDF). ToniBentley.com. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Blumenthal, Ralph (January 21, 1973). "Porno chic; 'Hard-core' grows fashionable-and very profitable". The New York Times Magazine. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Porno Chic (Jahsonic.com)
- Corliss, Richard (March 29, 2005). "That Old Feeling: When Porno Was Chic". Time. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Ebert, Roger (June 13, 1973). "The Devil In Miss Jones - Film Review". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Ebert, Roger (November 24, 1976). "Alice in Wonderland:An X-Rated Musical Fantasy". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Staff (2011). "Naked Came The Stranger (2011)". Distribpix.com. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Staff (2016). "Naked Came The Stranger - Original Soundtrack Music listing". IMDb. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Cook, David A. (2002). History of the American cinema. 9. University of California Press. pp. 274–275. ISBN 0-520-23265-8.
- Heffernan, Kevin, "A social poetics of pornography", Quarterly Review of Film and Video, Volume 15, Issue 3, December 1994, pp. 77–83. doi:10.1080/10509209409361441.
- Lehman, Peter, Pornography: film and culture, Rutgers depth of field series, Rutgers University Press, 2006, ISBN 0-8135-3871-8.
- Williams, Linda, Hard core: power, pleasure, and the "frenzy of the visible", University of California Press, 1999, ISBN 0-520-21943-0.