NZ On Screen
NZ On Screen is a state-funded online promotional showcase of New Zealand television and film. Funded by NZ On Air, it provides free worldwide access to NZ-produced television, film and music videos. Content is streamed and the webpages provide authoritative background information.
|Type of business||Nonprofit|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Owner||NZ On Air, New Zealand Government|
|Current status||Perpetual work-in-progress|
The site was launched in October 2008 and is updated constantly. It provides titles in full or as excerpts, with background notes, photographs and profiles of key cast and crew. All material is rights-cleared and there is some content now on the site that had not been seen since its mid-twentieth century screening.
The site won a Qantas Media Award for Best Entertainment site in May 2009, and was finalist for Best Website Design.
- "Nzonscreen.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "NZ Herald takes the triple crown at Qantas Awards". New Zealand Herald. 16 February 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- NZ On Screen official site
- ScreenTalk interviews
- NZ On Air
- Article on Lively Blog from the MCH website
- Interview with NZ On Screen director Brenda Leeuwenberg on the site's first anniversary. The Big Idea website, October 2009