NHS Dumfries and Galloway
NHS Dumfries and Galloway (Scottish Gaelic: Bòrd SSN Dùn Phris agus an Gall-Ghaidhealaibh) is the health board serving the Dumfries and Galloway region. It is one of the fourteen regions of NHS Scotland. NHS Dumfries & Galloway provides health care and promotes healthy living for the people of Dumfries and Galloway.
|Dumfries and Galloway|
|Bòrd SSN Dùn Phris agus an Gall-Ghaidhealaibh|
|Region served||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Area size||6,216 square kilometres|
|Hospitals||List of hospitals|
The population served is just 146,500, but within a large geographical area of about 2,400 square miles (6,200 km2). Dumfries and Galloway stretches from Langholm in the East to Stranraer in the West, and from Kirkconnel and Carsphairn in the North down to the Solway Coast. There are a number of Community Hospitals throughout the region, and an intermediate unit (including maternity services and medical & surgical beds) in Stranraer.
The board has been building an electronic shared cared record using Graphnet software which is designed to integrate primary and secondary care data for its patients in real time using its software.
Its headquarters are at Crichton Hall, Dumfries.
- Chairman – Vacant
- Vice Chairman – Penny Halliday
- Non Executive – Lesley Bryce
- Non Executive – Nick Mitchell
- Non Executive – Melissa Gunn
- Non Executive – Laura K Douglas
- Non Executive – Grace Cardozo
- Chief Executive – Jeff Ace
- Medical Director – Dr Ken Donaldson
- Director of Nursing – Eddie Docherty
- Director of Finance – Katy Lewis
- Interim Directors of Public Health – Michele McCoy
- Employee Director – Stephen Hare
- Chair, Area Clinical Forum – Lorna Carr
- Local Authority – Andy Fergusson
Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary • Midpark Hospital • Nithbank Hospital
Annan Hospital • Castle Douglas Hospital • Galloway Community Hospital, Stranraer • Kirkcudbright Hospital • Lochmaben Hospital • Moffat Hospital • Newton Stewart Hospital • Thomas Hope Hospital, Langholm • Thornhill Hospital