NEC Corporation of America
|Industry||Electronics, information technology, telecommunications|
|Subsidiaries||NEC Information Analytical Group (IAG)|
NEC Laboratories America
NEC Financial Services
|Website||NEC Corporation of America|
In October 1986 NEC formed a joint venture with Honeywell, HNSX Supercomputers, to sell NEC's supercomputers in the United States and Canada.
NEC established a research lab in South Brunswick, Princeton, New Jersey in 1988. In October 1989 Honeywell agreed to sell its share in HNSX Supercomputers to NEC. NEC Laboratories was created in November 2002 through the merger of NEC Research Institute and NEC USA's Computer and Communications Research Laboratory. NEC Corporation of America was formed on 1 July 2006 from the combined operations of NEC America, NEC Solutions America and NEC USA.
- NEC Laboratories America (NEC Labs) - a research facility based in Princeton, NJ focused on technology research and early market validation.
- NEC Financial Services, LLC. - a company which offers financing services supporting the sale of products and solutions to businesses in the United States.
Products and services
- automated fingerprint identification systems
- carrier professional services
- document solutions equipment
- enterprise communications equipment
- enterprise content management
- openflow networking equipment
- identity management
- leasing and financial services
- microwave radio equipment
- optical networking equipment
- Business Intelligence, Corporate Performance Management
- Data warehousing, Master Data Management
- Predictive Analytic services, Big Data
- retail applications
- storage equipment
In April 1997 HNSX Supercomputers and Fujitsu were jointly found guilty of dumping by bidding below cost in order to sell a supercomputer to the National Center for Atmospheric Research. In September 1997 the United States International Trade Commission found that Cray Research had been financially injured by the pricing practices of HNSX Supercomputers and Fujitsu.
- "Locations". NEC Corporation of America. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "History". NEC Corporation of America. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- NEC Corporation, The First 80 Years, 1984, ISBN 4-931172-01-6, retrieved 12 November 2011
- "Honeywell to Sell Its Stake in Joint Venture to NEC". Los Angeles Times. 3 October 1989. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "New Companies Bring Research To 'Video Valley'". The New York Times. 5 July 1992. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Japanese Labs in U.S. Luring America's Computer Experts". The New York Times. 11 November 1990. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Overview". NEC Laboratories. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Ultrafast fibre optics set new speed record". New Scientist. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Subsidiaries". NEC Corporation of America. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "Products and services". NEC Corporation of America. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "U.S. Finds Supercomputer Dumping by 2 Japan Makers". The New York Times. 1 April 1997. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "U.S. Trade Sanctions Appealed by NEC". The New York Times. 6 November 1997. Retrieved 11 November 2011.