NASCAR Scene (originally Grand National Scene and later Winston Cup Scene) was a weekly magazine about NASCAR stock car racing. It was established in North Carolina in 1976 and lasted until January 2010, making it one of the oldest NASCAR-specific publications at the time of this final issue. NASCAR Scene had a sister publication, NASCAR Illustrated, a monthly NASCAR lifestyle magazine format, that was published s until August 2016.
|Final issue||January 6, 2010|
|Company||Street & Smith Sports|
|Based in||Charlotte, North Carolina|
NASCAR Scene announced it would cease its weekly publication on January 6, 2010. The last issue was published in December 2009. Much of the content in Scene was merged into NASCAR Illustrated which was enhanced with additional coverage Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series.
All archival rights belong American City Business Journals, Rick Houston and Steve Waid, who were part of NASCAR Scene for most of its run. A special Grand National Scene will be part of the 2019 NASCAR retro weekend in Florence, South Carolina. The plan for the magazine will be original commentary from Houston, Waid, Deb Williams, Jeff Owens, and Kenny Bruce, and actual archived Scene results from the publication as part of celebrating the annual Throwback Weekend.
NASCAR Scene staff
- Phil Cavali
- David Exum
- Jeff Gluck (Now writes for JeffGluck.com)
- David Griffin
- Mike Hembree (Now writes for USA Today)
- Lee Montgomery
- Bob Pockrass (Now writes for Fox Sports)
- Jared Turner (Now writes for NASCAR Pole Position Magazine and track souvenir programs)
- Steve Waid (Now writes for PopularSpeed.com)
- Ben White
- Rea White
- Sam Cranston
- Shea Alexander
- Suzanne Corrado
- Scott Greig
- Jeff Owens (Now writes for Sporting News)
- Mark Sluder
- Art Weinstein
- Tom Stinson (Now edits for SportsBusiness Journal)
- Deb Williams
- Rick Houston
- Chad Fletcher
- Jim Fluharty
- Tim Wilcox
- Business Newspaper Begins Venture Into Racing News - News & Record, 20 November 1992
- Papa Robb’s serves up taste of the tropics in Concord - Michael Knox, Independent Tribune, 5 August 2013
- Post a Comment (2010-01-06). "NASCAR Scene to merge into enhanced NASCAR Illustrated". Scenedaily.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "NASCAR Scene and SceneDaily.com layoffs". Sportsjournalists.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.