My Best Friend's Girlfriend
|My Best Friend's Girlfriend|
|Directed by||Mark A. Reyes|
|Written by||Suzette Doctolero|
|Screenplay by||Suzette Doctolero|
|Music by||Vincent De Jesus|
|Edited by||Tara Illenberger|
|Budget||P 60 million|
|Box office||P 107 million|
After an awkward yet memorable encounter at a stag party, Evo (Richard Gutierrez) and Grace (Marian Rivera) thought they would never see each other again. Little did they know that Grace is actually the girlfriend of Evo's best friend, Mark (JC de Vera). As the arrogant player that he is, Evo takes advantage of what happened at the party to make Grace agree to his demands. He forces Grace to pretend as his girlfriend to make Akiko (Ehra Madrigal), his ex, jealous.
Cast and characters
The movie gained many positive reviews, notably getting a grade B from the Cinema Evaluation Board (CEB) of the Philippines, praising the film's different take on romantic comedies accompanied by strong performances from the lead stars Richard Gutierrez and Marian Rivera. The final gross of the movie is P34m according to box office mojo.
Awards and nominations
- 6th Golden Screen Awards
- 40th Box Office Entertainment Awards
- 25th PMPC Star Awards for Movies
- New Movie Actress of the Year - Chariz Solomon - Nominated
- Original Movie Song - My Bestfriend's Girlfriend by Introvoys - Nominated
|2009||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Valentine Box-Office King & Queen||Richard Gutierrez and Marian Rivera||Won|
- YES! Magazine's 20 Stars Who Ruled the Decade, May 2010
- "40th Box Office Entertainment Awards given out". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.